god help me: ebay finds

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by egotistical, Apr 10, 2004.

1. i promised myself i wouldnt buy any more basses until im settled in in my new place 2500 miles away from here... and yet i keep seeing great deals on ebay that are almost irresistable... so rather than bidding (hopefully)... ill post them here:

mtd beast 5 string with upgraded grendel electronics $395

spector rebop czech made 5 string w aguilar preamp $380 - i had a 4 string rebop and it smoked, i still regret selling it

steinberger xq2 headless bass - usa made, looks like a graphite neck, the reasearch ive done suggests that it is a graphite neck

peavey g-bass 4 string w ohsc $275 didnt sell, might take best offer

cort curbow 4 string with bartolini preamp and pickup no reserve

fender precision lyte deluxe
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    Yeh, I used to just take a cold shower. After 4 or 5 I was cured. I've been eyeing for an Ibanez Axestar for a while and one came up on ebay the other day and I didn't even bid. No regrets, withdrawls, or second thoughts. Puppy went for almost 400 bones too.
  3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    The MTD i saw and liked- I wish i had money.

The guitarist in my band has a Fender Precision Lyte... IMO, it doesn't sound as good as an Aero.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Whoa, Spector went up :)
  5. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    That Steinberger XQ is a steal! Yes, it's a graphite neck. I think the body was maple(?)...solid but kinda heavy. I owned a blue one for a while, and loved the tone...

The MTD Beast also looks great! I'd like to give that one a whirl.

Great, now I'm watching stuff too...

Thanks. :rolleyes:

6. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    I might be buying something cool that I found on ebay, but I can't tell you because it's a secret ;)
  7. it could have stayed low, ya never know... i picked up my rebop for 400 shipped... sold it for 660... ya never know with ebay
  8. any news on that? its been a while
  9. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
  10. yeah, me too... 5 string really isnt my thing but ive played them at rondo and they are nice... the 299 price tag always scared me away... if i knew what the guys reserve was id probably be more tempted to buy... im guessing its probably around 200... must resist!!!!!!! ahhhhhhh!!!!!
  11. byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    Thank God none of that had the vintage look i prefer. I'd be posting this from under a bridge.
  12. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    hehe... i have to say... i lost faith of ebay antil i got my bass few months back... 380$ bass for 195$ new with 5 year warranty still packed and soooooooooooo nice...

I'd say, if you really want it and have money for it... go for it... if you feel like you have shortage... i'd think that good deals are always on ebay... you can probebly wait... that is if you have a bass right now... so its not like you are stock with out bass... because thats scary...

13. yeah well, i have a very nice bass right now and it took forever to get down to only one and i promised myself id keep just one until i move... i keep telling myself that when im ready some of this stuff will come around again
  14. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

I personally think you can always find a good deal if you look for a while unless it something you must have... but that my opinion:] its worth jack... all i am saying there is probebly a chance that they will have cool stuff on sale at one point or another:p