1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

God I love my Spectorcore!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Inconnu, Jan 11, 2013.

1. I just had to say it...

2. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    What's that?

3. TWISTEDSTRINGS

TWISTEDSTRINGS

Oct 13, 2012
    I`m glad you posted that on here, been thinkin about getting one, love the piezo sound that comes out of them. Can you tell me a little about how it plays and the different tone possibilities ?

4. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    No pics .... nothin' to love.

:meh:

5. ProfessionalGun

ProfessionalGun

Mar 10, 2013
    Well here's mine! Just got it yesterday. . . probably paid more than I should have, but I'm really enjoying it.

cd471fab-1e3c-4a78-aac6-a21d96895746.jpg

Winoman, Mike Sorr and Mediocrity Man like this.
  6. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    Congrats - nice looking bass!
    The used fretless 4-string Spectorcore I played at GC not long ago was one of the best sounding fretless basses I've ever laid hands on. Being a Spector junkie, I may just have to add one to the stable sometime soon...

7. SHMODDLEY

SHMODDLEY

Oct 25, 2013
    Yeah I just picked up the semi acoustic fretless 4 today. I already own the fretted version and am so happy with the playability and sound that I went ahead and purchased the fretless version cold (with out holding or playing it). they are hard to find, and at $350.00 just couldn't pass it up. the piezo pickup gives you that brightness and the other pickup gives you the lowend response. very comfortable to play and I really like the variability of the overall sound the bass provides. Yes it is MIK, but these basses are AWESOME!

8. CM63

CM63

Feb 9, 2013
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Thread resurrection time! Just ordered a Spectorcore! Do you have an idea of how much it weighs?

9. they're pretty light. I just told my 4 string a while back. It felt around 8lbs

10. CM63

CM63

Feb 9, 2013
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Cool beans! Hoping it will be delivered tomorrow!

11. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr Um, I was told there'd be no math... Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my 5 string Spectorcore on a Monday. Can anyone recommend a good string set that will fit this bass? I'm interested in flats and Pressurewounds especially.

12. CM63

CM63

Feb 9, 2013
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Sadly I had to give mine up, it was too bright for church, and the piezo would not allow tapewounds (my dark lovelies). Must say that it is an awesome bass though, and sounded great with laBella low tension flats, or GHS Boomers! Great rock tone!
    I now have a Re-bop that does it all, and oddly enough I am happy with rounds on it- go figure!

13. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    How so? I use them on my Breedlove ABG and they work great.

14. CM63

CM63

Feb 9, 2013
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    The G string sounded normal, the other strings only sounded when I pushed down on them at the bridge. I was warned of this, but I had a set thought I'd try- no good.

15. If they offered the Spectorcore with an NS-2 style body, I'd be all over one. :D

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021