"God of Thunder" effects...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by B-NoteCowboy, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Doing a KISS tribute show next Halloween with some guys on the side. I'm working up the set list, and no KISS show is complete without this song and act.

This is where Gene drops the punisher bass and picks up the battle axe. It's tuned down a half step, but it is also running some effects with a spooky echoing distortion for the ominous preamble to the song.

What is the cheapest way to reasonable duplicate this? Right now I run no effects or preamp. Just an EB5 custom Epiphone 5 string through a Crate amp.

I have a BOSS ME-50 for my Fender strat guitar on the way as a Christmas present. Any thought on using this equipment with an electric bass? Or is something else (cheap) suggested?

Sorry for my ignorance, but as I stated I don't use effects for any of the stuff I normally do and have no background with it at all. As this is probably a one time show, I don't see the value in spending a lot of $$.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the matter.:cool:
  2. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    errr, tricky one....... it's a tape-delay trick that his roadie operates for him, he just wiggles a knob on the thing to modulate the delay length back and forth....

Mebbe run two delay or chorus pedals together with diff settings?