Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

God these TI's just get better!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Sanctum, Dec 3, 2002.

1. My TI Powerbass strings have been on my 5-string about - hmmm, 3.5 months now - I swear these strings just improve with age.

Sweet!

2. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Funny, I just replaced a set of TI PowerBass strings that had been on my primary bass for a couple of months. They sounded plenty dead to me.

They're good strings with a nice fat balanced tone, but IME they don't last forever, as some folks claim.

3. Dunno, this is my first set ever. Cranking. I'll never use anything else (but i may buy a new set sometime)

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I've got a new set on the way to replace the strings on my Curbow Petite 5. They have been on there for about 8 months, and are starting to sound a little beat. They don't sound bad--they just don't sound like I want them to sound anymore.

I've found that the Powerbass don't last as long as the Jazz flats, or Jazz Rounds (ie years), but they still outlast any other brand out there. The Jazz Rounds and Flats mellow nicely with age. Since the Powerbass strings are a bit more traditional sounding, it's simply time for them to be changed out.

They'd probably last longer if I wiped them down after I played. But, 6-8 months is long enough, I think.