Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by davets, Dec 4, 2000.

1. davets

Dec 4, 2000
    Has any one heard of goden basses? i was told that they are canadian but i havent been able to find any info on them from the web
  2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  3. davets

Dec 4, 2000
    haha you are probably right im just pretty stupid haha
  4. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Yeah I guess you´re right :D
  5. armax

Jul 15, 2000
    Yes I have a Godin 5 it's a sweet piece of equipment. Lots of life long fender benders who have took a stab at my godin have all agreed. I was recomended the godin by a life long fender man who bought a godin 5, emg p/u's all quality with a great sound.

[Edited by armax on 12-05-2000 at 04:28 PM]
  6. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I've tried out godins and they are awful. I hate the tone. it's just pitiful. You could call it a cigar box or firewood, but do NOT call it a bass. You're sending chills down my back. ew
  7. I've had exactly the opposite reaction. My Godin bass is absolutely beautifully crafted and has a wonderful, warm and woody tone (it's an A4 fretless). The solid body Godins that I've played sound extremely good to me. In fact the the SD bass sounds just like the standard Fender tone that has been rather popular over the years since it has top quality P/J pickups. The old BG line had EMG's but the new ones have Duncans - both versions sound great to me.

I don't know what you're looking for in tone, but I've never heard anything out of the ordinary from any Godin solid body. The A4 has an extremely natural "acoustic" tone. The workmanship is really excellent. What more do you want?