Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Godhead effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by king_truffle, Dec 15, 2001.

1. king_truffle

king_truffle

Apr 4, 2001
    Oshkosh WI
    OK gang, you guys (and gals) are going to hate this, but I was listening to the Godhead CD, 2000 Years of Human Error and a cool effect used on the guitars caught my attention, (I know, I'm ashamed to be listening to the guitars) Anyhow, if anyone has the CD its in track 8 'Penetrate' towards the end in the last 'solo' For those who don't have the CD I'll describe it, it made the guys guitar sound like he was playing individual notes but he really wasn't. I've seen them live twice and he didn't move his hand. Anyhow, I was wondering what effect that was and if it would carry over well into bass. Thanks gang.

2. ive never heard the song but by what you described it sounds like "pedal step" effect. my zoom 506II bass multi effects pedal has this on it. its like if you hit one note then it sounds like you are playing like an arpeggio or something.

3. SystemofatooL

SystemofatooL

Dec 15, 2001
    Sydney
    what kinda pedal do you have?
    my brother has a zoom 707 (for guitar) and he uses this site to make patches from, its got all sorts of ****, from different band's effects to things that people have made up.
    this site might be able to help, but im not sure

http://gfx.curvedspaces.com/

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sounds like a step phaser to me. Click the link below...............................................................................................................................................Ok, did it sound like that? if so, thats a boss ph-3. $85.00

click me

5. king_truffle

king_truffle

Apr 4, 2001
    Oshkosh WI
    Well, I listened to the clip and its not a pedal step. The note the guitarist played was the same all the way through it, (shows the talent there) but it just chopped the sound to make it like sixteenth notes or something.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Oh well I tried. Was he doing a tom Morello (sp?) with the volume knob and mutes?

7. king_truffle

king_truffle

Apr 4, 2001
    Oshkosh WI
    That must have been it, too bad, though. That'd be a dandy effect.