Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Godin 5 string how sweet it is

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armax, Jul 29, 2000.

1. armax

armax

Jul 15, 2000
    Dollar for Dollar this is the best bass on the market. Usa just doesn't give you your moneys worth. The Canadians have a winner!!!
    By the way this is comming from a third generation bass man preceded by fender!!!

[This message has been edited by armax (edited July 29, 2000).]

2. I must agree. I've been trying to tell the folks here that the Godin's are certainly an incredible buy. They are very well made for any price (I have an A4 fretless) but they are a lot less money than comparable quality instruments by other makers.

I always recommend the Godin SD as an excellent lower priced bass (I think they go for about $385 US). As good as a MIA Fender (maybe better) for half the price.

Actually the Godin line is partially made in the USA (northern New Hampshire). Their shops are mostly on the Canadian side of the border but one of the shops is closeby in New Hampshire where much of the work on the Godins is done. The company is however quite Canadian.

In any case, I think us Canadians are probably just as carefull as workers as the US folks. [​IMG] Our currency is just worth nothing, so now is the time to take advantage of it. [​IMG]

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yeah, i must say Godin is certainly an underrated brand. Ive played some of their basses (at a chain here called Kenellys Keys...theres a bunch in a couple states, and one of the guitarists (in my bands) grandma owns it), and their guitars, and their awesome. Its that same guitarists guitar of choice, and i see why. Theyre really a great brand.

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Hey Amrax can you describe it? I'm in the market for an active 5 string. I don't know anything about the Godins though.

5. Where can i see a pic of the Godin 5 string on the net? I too am in the market for a new 5 string. I just got a new Samick acoustic bass that i really love and a MIM Fender P so a new 5 would complete my spree. My 1st different basses since '93. I was thinking of a Stingray 5, but so many people here are so high on Godins i'd like to check them out. I wonder if they carry them at MARS? Trent

------------------

Keep it country!

6. The Godin site is at http://www.lasido.com Then follow the Godin link (you can check out the Seagull line too, but they only have acoustic guitars).