1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Godin A4 Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by glaive, Feb 22, 2008.

1. glaive

glaive

Feb 22, 2006
    Hello,

Does anyone here have experience with the Synth Access aspect of this bass? I'm curious about how well the fretless tracks playing to MIDI output. It would be cool to dial up something in Mainstage on my MacBook and play it with the A4.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. I was about to say to make sure you get the 'SA' version, then I noticed that Godin's discontinued the regular model. Still, when you're in a shop, make sure it's the 'SA,' coz there are probably non-SA models around...

You can tell it's an SA by the bridge, which has separate metal saddles instead of a long plastic one (See my avatar image, above), and by the EQ on the upper 'horn,' which now matches that of the A6 and most of the Multiacs.

Also, the new finish isn't as nice. It's paler than the standard was, probably becaus the top is spruce instead of cedar...

It should track fine. Godin doesn't mess around.

3. glaive

glaive

Feb 22, 2006
    I did a little more poking around, and it looks like the A4 has a 13-pin output that's intended for use with the Roland GR-20 synth unit. Is this the case? If so, bummer ... I wanted to use a regular MIDI device as my sound module.

4. Hm. I didn't know that. Sorry, mine's the older model with not sinth access, so I didn't cotton on to that.