Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Godin A4 fretted.. A-str. problem??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ingemar, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    So finaly I've bougt an used Godin A4 fretted sunburst bass
    with hardcase (for 3.000 SEK/about 420 USD)
    A verry nice bass if you ask me

But...

When I plugged it in my rig (Warwick Pro Fet III top/ two EBS NEO 112 cabs) I detected a slightly "crackling" sound when I fret the A str.(Similar to the "hum" that can ocurr when you dont tuch the strings, like a disturbtion, but only when I play a fretted tone not when I play the open A)
    Strange
    How come?

2. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    Sorry (mostly for me) I translated the price wrong.The corect price is about 420 USD

3. Meh, L.R. Baggs electronics... :scowl:

Strange problem, indeed, but it should be covered by the warranty. Before sending it back, though, take a look at the ribbon transducer. Remove the strings, then remove the micarta bridge nut, and see if the transducer (that small ribbon-like thingy underneath the bridge nut) is correctly in place. It should lay flat under the total length of the nut. Good luck with that.

Oh, and check the battery, just in case.

4. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    I bougth it used, so there goes the warranty

But.thanks for your tips about the tranducer and battery
    I'll have a check when I come home

5. Ingemar

Ingemar

Sep 12, 2000
    Sweden
    It seems like it has something to do with the tweter/horn in one of my EBS NEO 112 cabs.When I roll it off , there is no crackling sound :eek: