Godin A4(fretted)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Usul, Apr 19, 2001.

1. Does anybody know about Godin basses,in particular this model?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Well, sorta. I've checked out a fretless version. I thought it had a great sound and it was quite lightweight.

Do you have any specific questions?

Will C.:cool:
  3. Mainly I am just curious how they sound and play.I think they look awesome......the minimal look with the pup in/under the bridge(?)is nice.

Yes,I have a bad case of G.A.S. :D
    By all rights I have`nt even played long enough to warrent buying more than one bass but....hehe
  4. thumper

thumper Guest

I haven't played a fretted model, but I have played a fretless one and I really liked it. It was very light and comfortable to hold/wear. I wish that the body was shaped more like the precision bass with a longer upper horn as the A4 pushed the neck a little too far forward for my short arms. The L.R.Baggs pickup and preamp system sounded great and with the furnished flatwound strings, I could get a fairly good upright/acoustic bass sound. The workmanship and materials were excellent. I had only one complaint, it wasn't my bass, although I got to play it just about anytime I wanted to for about a year while by friend had it. He sold it one day when I was out of town. I didn't even know that he was trying to sell it.
  5. kezekiel

Sep 24, 2000
    You know, the older models do have the P-bass style body with the extended upper horn, which I imagine would help with neck dive (unavoidable in these lightweight basses; I have a Renaissance that has the same problem). I find them from time to time on eBay; you could get lucky and grab one for $400-$500 (I picked up an Acousticaster on eBay for $400 about a year ago).