1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Godin A4: uneven string output volume

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by brandonwong, Jan 30, 2004.

1. brandonwong

brandonwong

Dec 16, 2003
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone has problems with Godin A4s. My E string is especially thick and full of tone compared with my A and D string. The G is slightly higher volume also.

I have tried several method trying to sand the bridge and fit it correctly, according to LR Baggs manual. The final method i got was getting two strips of very thin foam and stuck it under my A and D.

The resulted sound of the bass was therefore less focus and bright but at last even.

Any comments? especially if i can get an even volume while maintaning the clarity and focus of the pickup sound.

2. Did you try changing the strings? Sometimes, the strings are the only problem.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I had this "problem" with a Fender jazz bass. I never really fixed it, i just played slightly with a lighter touch on the E and G. I sold it now so its not a problem anymore :p