1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Godin A5 vs Fender Jazz (Fretless)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gregmak, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Gregmak

Gregmak

Oct 1, 2009
    Larnaca, Cyprus
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for people who have some experience with the Godin A5 fretless. I can't find any videos to hear the sound, except 2 videos which are in poor quality.

This will be my first fretless, and I want to make the right choice. I currently play on a fender p-bass MIA deluxe.

I want my fretless to have a nice thick tone. Will be using it mostly for Afro-beat, Soul, and also in my Jazz ensembles at uni.

The Fender Jazz fretless from what I heard sounds very smooth, but also very different in each video. I'm not really interested in how versatile a bass is, as long as it can have a very thick tone to play in Afro-Beat & Soul.

Any help welcome,
    Thanks,

Greg

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021