Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Godin Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maxvalentino, Jul 30, 2001.

1. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I have a Godin A4 Acoustic-electric bass which I love. The sound and feel and craftsmanship are superb. I am curious about their solidbody basses. Does anyone out there have or have played the B4 or BV or the other models (SB1 and 2?)?
    Let me know... I might be interested in picking one up.
    Max

2. I also have an A4 fretless and I agree that it's a superb instrument.

The BG4 and 5 are very good but strangley I prefer the cheaper passive SD4 (or SD5). They are an incredible value and are also extremely well made.

I have 5 Godin instruments and they are all superb. I can't recommend them enough.

3. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I have the BG5 and it´s great! I had an electric Godin guitar once..I regret selling it..And the guitarist in my band plays one..

4. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    This is true(hope it's funny) My cousin WON a Godin A/E in a contest and as he was discussing it with a friend the friend asked what brand it was. My cousin stated " it's a good-'en". His friend said " I know it's a good one but whats the brand! We rolled around...