1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Godin Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maxvalentino, Jul 30, 2001.

1. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I have a Godin A4 Acoustic-electric bass which I love. The sound and feel and craftsmanship are superb. I am curious about their solidbody basses. Does anyone out there have or have played the B4 or BV or the other models (SB1 and 2?)?
    Let me know... I might be interested in picking one up.
    Max

2. I also have an A4 fretless and I agree that it's a superb instrument.

The BG4 and 5 are very good but strangley I prefer the cheaper passive SD4 (or SD5). They are an incredible value and are also extremely well made.

I have 5 Godin instruments and they are all superb. I can't recommend them enough.

3. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I have the BG5 and it´s great! I had an electric Godin guitar once..I regret selling it..And the guitarist in my band plays one..

4. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    This is true(hope it's funny) My cousin WON a Godin A/E in a contest and as he was discussing it with a friend the friend asked what brand it was. My cousin stated " it's a good-'en". His friend said " I know it's a good one but whats the brand! We rolled around...