1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Godin BG4 - worth my $900 CDN?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GobyWan, Jan 31, 2004.

1. So I've been playing my current bass at rehearsals for a musical at university, and I'm becoming more and more aware of what it can't do for me. At the same time, I've also been playing a (beautiful) Godin BG-4 at a local music shop and talking to the resident bass guy, who's had it set up properly and is willing to sell it to me for $899 CDN.

I figure I can probably unload my bass for $500 (it's a Yamaha BBG4AII, the 4SII which replaced it is going for about $750 these days AFAIK) and put that towards the purchase. So I guess the question is, is this instrument worth my $400+ and my time?

Anyone with hands-on experience with this bass is heartily encouraged to respond, as I'd really like to know it well before I go buying it.

Thanks in advance.

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Damn straight it's worth the money. They go for a couple of hundred more here in the 'Peg. I am actually thinking of moving to one in the near future. I love their sound and their playability. That is a good deal.

Dan