Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Godin BG4 - worth my $900 CDN?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GobyWan, Jan 31, 2004.

1. So I've been playing my current bass at rehearsals for a musical at university, and I'm becoming more and more aware of what it can't do for me. At the same time, I've also been playing a (beautiful) Godin BG-4 at a local music shop and talking to the resident bass guy, who's had it set up properly and is willing to sell it to me for $899 CDN.

I figure I can probably unload my bass for $500 (it's a Yamaha BBG4AII, the 4SII which replaced it is going for about $750 these days AFAIK) and put that towards the purchase. So I guess the question is, is this instrument worth my $400+ and my time?

Anyone with hands-on experience with this bass is heartily encouraged to respond, as I'd really like to know it well before I go buying it.

Thanks in advance.

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Damn straight it's worth the money. They go for a couple of hundred more here in the 'Peg. I am actually thinking of moving to one in the near future. I love their sound and their playability. That is a good deal.

Dan