1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Godin BGV BG-5 (with Aguilar pickups & electronics)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mattpnolan, Jan 18, 2018.

1. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Price:
    Strings:
    I'm selling my beloved Godin BGV/BG5 bass guitar in a Honeyburst finish.

If you don't know about these basses, they are made in Canada and are amazing quality. It has a birdseye maple neck with rosewood fretboard and maple body that is really snappy! More general info here:

Just last year, I spent $500 altogether to have a professional guitar tech install Aguilar DCB-G4 pickups and an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp which are really transparent and sound outstanding.

The Hipshot chrome bridge and tuners are also beautiful. :)

I will ship this in a Gator Lightweight "Hybrid" Case.

20170612_125212.jpg
    DSC07731.JPG

The only reason I'm selling this bass is because I have too many basses, and I just don't need a 5-string anymore. It's been several years since I played in a band that used the Low B, and I've struggled to let this go, but it is time...

This bass sounds great and has amazing build quality. It's cost me a lot more, in total, than I'm selling it, but everyone that upgrades basses kind of knows that's just how it goes. :)

You will notice that there is a pick holder above the bridge. They make these to be removed easily without damaging the finish. I can remove it if preferred, but I just decided to leave it for now, in case the next owner wants it (I found it VERY handy, and it doesn't look bad).

The condition is Very Good. There is a little bit of wear on the top edge of the headstock, but it's barely noticeable. There is also some wear on the back. There aren't scratches, but there are basically just some "ripples" that, again, aren't noticeable unless you're really looking.

DSC07734.JPG

I'm selling this for $615 SHIPPED CONUS (Canada, please contact me). I prefer to ship in CON US, but if there is someone in Canada, I will also check out what it costs to ship there.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    G RICH 5 and Eugene.thomas87 like this.
  2. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Still available?

What's the nut width, bridge spacing and weight?

3. mattpnolan

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    @jongor Yep, still available. It's just been sitting in the case in my office. :)

I already know this:

Nut width: 1 13/16"
    Bridge Spacing: 17mm

I saw a listing elsewhere online saying their BG5 was 9lbs 8oz. However, I've never weighed mine.

I'm on vacation until the end of next week. So, I'll get the weight and reply back here as soon as I get back.

Thanks!!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  4. mattpnolan

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    @jongor

Sorry for the long delay, but I finally remembered to weigh the bass since I got back from vacation last weekend.

It is 9.6 pounds.

Thanks.

5. mattpnolan

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I haven't been in a hurry to sell this, though it's just been sitting in a case in my office...

However, I'm going to open this up to trades.

I wanted to sell this to buy an Ashdown ABM head, but I may *potentially* be updated in a 4-string bass or a 2x12 or 6x10 cab, if anyone wants to offer. :)

6. mattpnolan

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I decided I want an Epiphone Thunderbird, and I'm willing to sell this bass for much less than originally listed in order to do so...

However, if the Thunderbird I have my eye on sells, I'm going to put the price back up on this bass. :D

So, if you're interested, please hit me up! Thanks!!

7. What radius is the fretboard?What preamp is that and what do the switches do I'm guessing series/parallel and mid frequency also how's the fretwork are the frets level can it take a low setup without fretting out or excessive buzzing

8. mattpnolan

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I actually just sold this elsewhere a couple hours ago.

So, providing that sale doesn't fall through, I'm marking this as Sold. Thank you!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021