1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD GODIN Canada 1991 Acoustibass LR Baggs Model Fretted Semi-Hollow 4-String (Pre A4)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    SOLD!!!

Finally going to move this one - this was the one I'd always pickup when I played unplugged at home. 1991 Godin Acoustibass LR Baggs Model 4-String semi-hollow electric bass guitar, hand made in Canada. The bass plays and sounds amazing - just put on some new strings and had it setup. The bass has been gigged and has cosmetic wear, one thin finish crack line behind the bridge and some finish nicks/dings (everything is pictured below). Neck is in excellent condition and the frets are in perfect shape.

The Godin Acoustibass was first released in 1990 and is the predecessor to the current A4 model. The body is a semi-hollow chambered mahogany with spruce top. The long thumbrest allows you to vary your attack on the instrument. The LR Baggs electronics consist of a piezo bridge pickup and active preamp with 3-band EQ. These early version Acoustibass models had far better build quality and tone than the current A4 line. Specifications.

Rock maple neck
    Rosewood fingerboard
    34 " scale
    Mahogany body
    Solid spruce top
    LR Baggs ribbon transducer and custom preamp
    Volume, mid, treble and bass controls
    Natural semi-gloss
    Weight: 7.8 lbs

SELLING FOR $550 SHIPPED IN THE US with gigbag. International shipping is no problem, just PM me for a quote.

GDNB1.

GDNB2.

GDNB5.

GDNB7.

GDNB8.

GDNB3.

GDNB4.

GDNB6.

2. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    These are great. Easily the most resonant and acoustically loud electric bass I've ever had. Great for unplugged practice. Material selection, build and finish quality is all outstanding.

3. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I agree. :)

4. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Nice bass. I had one for 4 years.
    Great for Blues, Jazz & rock, yes I did a rock gig with it one night.
    Great quality & value.
    GLWTS BUMP

5. Erichr

Erichr

Sep 13, 2009
    I've got the fretless twin to this bass. The L.R. Baggs 18v pre in these allow a HUGE range of tones. Bump for a fantastic instrument.

6. Erichr

Erichr

Sep 13, 2009
    Another interesting fact about these basses: 13 metal tines extend from the bridge toward the neck inside the body, fixed on the bridge end and floating toward the neck, which vibrate sympathetically and add to the harmonic resonance of the beast. Man, I love these things.

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    My #1 is a burst fretted, #2 is a burst fretless. Strung up with LaBella tapes, these are the best, woodiest possible choice under acoustic instruments. Not to mention that they play incredibly well... Bump for a great bass!

8. CnB77

CnB77

Jan 7, 2011
    NJ
    You didn't mention it, but I have to ask: any trade interest?

9. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks for all the input guys. Yes, I will look at trades. PM me with what you've got. No amps please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.