Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Godin Freeway 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boofis, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Hey
    Well I finally got my new bass - Godin Freeway 5. ( My grand parents bought it for me whilst in the US, nice present hey!)
    My Review-
    Quality - Everything is great, the finish is perfect and gorgeous, there are no defficiencies so far.

Playability - Great! The neck profile is very comfortable and it has no neck dive at all. Its only 20 frets which makes it very comfortable to slap on. The string spacing is just a little bit smaller than the standard fender. The bolt on neck connection is pretty easy access to the upper registers and a nice matte finish all over makes it very easy to play.

Sound - I LOVE it! Godins are totally under rated. It can do a great Jazz bass slap and it can do the slap tone I like. It has a great P bassness to it when you turn the split style pup up and youre on your way. I can get my tone perfect with this bass! LOVE at first sight!

Customer Service - Godin have been great with all the questions I've had and they are GREAT!

Overall - For my second bass I'd have to give it a 9/10 its a
    wonderful bass!

I have pics but they are too big!!!
    Thanks
    Troy

2. Glad you like it. Leaf-top finish? Is the Godin name written on the body?
    You also mention 20 frets & string-spacing; both concerns for me, but I love my Freeway 4. It is my grab & go bass, and feels great on the shoulder aftger a long night, unlike some Fenders. Some very high-level players in my area who have interacted with me have played my Godin and given positive feedback.

3. radi8

radi8

Feb 10, 2004
    Chicago
    did you change the pup's on your Freeway?
    i heard a Godin 5 string...sweet sound.

4. Yep its a leaf top finish. Godins name is written on the body.

You also mention 20 frets & string-spacing; both concerns for me, but I love my Freeway 4

Why do they concern you?
    It is very light.
    I didn't change my pups, that question was probably directed at plankspanker13 oh well! Yeah Godins sound so sweeeeet! :D
    Thanks
    Troy