Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Godin Multiac Duet Nylon?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Oct 15, 2004.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I'm thinking about selling off my Seagull Folk and getting one of these used somewhere. Has anyone here had one? This is the non-synth model.

[​IMG]

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I can't help u on this one but I just got back form an imporivsation clinic , my teaCHER (guitar) was using a fretless synth model, all I can say is WOW.

3. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Yeah, I saw that in the catalog! Wild, eh?

I had a chance to "play" (I suck at guitar, but want to take lessons) one of these in a store the other day. I've always admired them from afar, but they're really playable and have great tone, even unplugged! I'm finding that the tone I want for my fingerstyle guitar playing is going to have to come from a nylon stringed instrument - the steel string just ain't cutting it.

4. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    it was nuts he was doing like trumpet and indian tones and everything on it, and even the clean tone is just SO sweet.

Anyways, I think Godin are pretty solid overall, I doubt you'll go wrong with it.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Looks pretty swank. Fretless, you say?

6. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    No, not for me - my GSQ (Guitar Suckage Quotient) is way too high for a fretless guitar. I'm considering a normal fretted one!