Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Godin SD Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sargebaker, Apr 24, 2005.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Does anyone have any information/experience with theese, they seem pretty rare. They look pretty slick and the price seems nice too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have one in trans blue. (see pic in profile) Great bass for the money, best sounding passive bass under a grand ive heard after i put bartolini pickups in mine. Interestingneck profile, its a little chunky, but almost, V shaped, weird. Its comfortable as heck though. Havent used mine too much sinec i got my Sterling, but it sounds great. I need to work on the truss rod a little, since i plan on putting different strings on and the truss rod is maxed out, i need to back it off and put some washers on it to add some more adjustability room and stuff.

Overall, great bass though. Great company, their guitars are amazing as well. Quality is like that of a good MIA fender, except more consistant.

3. I have the 5 string version, here's a pic. It's for sale, PM me if interested.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

4. bonscottvocals

bonscottvocals

Feb 10, 2005
    Upstate NY
    I have the Dual Voice Godin Solidac guitar that looks exactly like Bass Viking's 5 string. I have to get one of those for my arsenal. I love my Solidac.

5. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    u have PM

6. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    funny thing about those basses tough, they have an empty battery slot, at first look you'd say its active, until you get to open it :eyebrow:

Great bass, smoother sounding than the Freeway model but still punchy. I agree with figjam they are comfortable, altough after a while I'm getting sick of the V shaped neck.

7. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    thanks, anyone else?

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Battery compartment is because some of them came with active seymour duncan electronics, and they just made the bodies the same for both the active and passive models.

9. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    A bass playing friend of mine has one of those in trans blue, just like Fig's. Nice playing and sounding bass.

10. Saorex

Saorex

Mar 7, 2004
    Quebec, Canada
    I'd say it's good news if you ever decide to change the original pick-ups for active ones.