SOLD Godin Shifter Classic 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by awfulguitarnois, Nov 28, 2016.

1. awfulguitarnois

awfulguitarnois

Jan 22, 2014
    Ohio
    Price:
    Strings:
    I recently got this in trade and while it's a beautiful instrument, the neck just isn't for me. I'm used to wide flat vintage P necks and this is a jazz width and I can't get comfortable with it.

The fit and finish is top notch and it has two unique features: it can be strung either top-load or through the body, and it has a four position pickup switch. The switch is bridge, parallel, series, and neck. The settings for parallel and bridge do have a volume drop.

It is a black burst satin basswood body and a satin maple neck.

Please ask any questions. Thanks!

Attached Files:

HubbardsFate and blacktocomm like this.
  2. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    Man, I've been lusting for one of these for awhile. But I think I am more a 5-string guy nowadays...they do make a 5er of this model, but unfortunately not with this PJ pickup configuration - two J pickups instead...:(

Plus I am between jobs right now, PLUS I am trying to hold fast to my resolution to NOT buy any more basses out of the USA until such time as the Canadian dollar is at par with the USD, or at least way, WAY closer than it is now...:banghead: (this bass would cost me $604 as of this post, and that's before even factoring in import charges and shipping...)

awfulguitarnois likes this.
  3. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Where in Ohio?

4. Can you tell me what it weighs? Thanks.

5. awfulguitarnois

awfulguitarnois

Jan 22, 2014
    Ohio
    I'm in Northeast Ohio (Akron/Cleveland area).

I just have a bathroom scale, but it's not over 9 pounds, for sure. My guess would be between 8 and 9. I'll try to weigh it tonight as best I can.

6. awfulguitarnois

awfulguitarnois

Jan 22, 2014
    Ohio
    Bathroom scale says 9.2 pounds. I'm showing it to someone local this weekend, FYI.

7. GoLeafsGo

GoLeafsGo Not Quite Right!

Oct 25, 2013
    Ajax Ontario
    Hi, GLWTS, I have one and love it. That volume drop can be fixed as easily as raising the bridge PU a bit. I had a bit of a volume drop on mine, but just a slight height adjustment to the pup fixed it. They really are great instruments. I am the opposite of you though, it's the neck I love, I just don't feel as comfortable on the vintage P necks. Guess that is why not all necks are created the same!

8. Andy5997

Andy5997

Apr 8, 2015
    Is this the bass you traded for the 50sreissue in Lorain? If so email me at [email protected] I'd like to have it back. I have a 1975 p bass that I'd give you if you throw in some cash

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2022