Godin Shifter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by caeman, Jun 24, 2010.

1. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Wow! :eek:

I absolutely love the look of this bass! That color is making me squeal like a school boy.

MusicZoo

[​IMG]

2. That is pretty cool! Is there a pic of the headstock???

3. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
  4. Tonedeaf Hack

Tonedeaf Hack

Mar 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    What's really cool is Godin is finally shipping the Shifter. The headstock, tele-style, can be seen...EDIT I'm too slow.

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Very cool looking bass....and I love the look of the updated chambered basses too.

6. IPA

IPA Supporting Member

May 5, 2010
    I was GASing hard for one a while back but couldn't actually find it for sale anywhere. Nice!

7. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    That is tasty.

8. Just saw the headstock pic, I like it. Not too crazy about the skinny neck though :eyebrow:

9. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Passive or active doesn't matter to me. I haven't been playing long enough to have formed such an opinion, but I like the color. The shape isn't too extreme, fairly generic, tele-like as someone else pointed out. This is the first 4-stringer that has really grabbed my attention.

*begins pondering what he would have to sell to afford it*

10. noisetree

noisetree

Feb 20, 2007
    Wow! Beautiful!

11. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio

It is in French, but at the end when the guy demonstrates the sound through all of the switch positions, the bass does all the talking.

12. I've really been keeping my eye on this. I didn't like the music man big al so I was hoping to get my hands on one of these to see if it fit me better.

13. The first time you sit dead in the water with a dead battery and no replacement, you will form an opinion...

Oh and thanks for nothing. You now have me gassing for yet ANOTHER bass. ;)

14. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    You're welcome! :D

15. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I have begun my savings plan for one.

Unless, of course, another perfect bass comes along by then.

:D

16. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Cool! A Bassocaster!

17. I just got one in last week and all I can say is WOW! The done is somewhere between a Musicman and a Jbass. The neck is slim like a J, but rounded like a 50's style P. I was actually surprised to find out that it was passive because this bass is loud! I'm hoping that Godin offeres more color and neck choises in the future (I'm thinking a surf green, with a maple neck and a tort pickguard would absolutly rock).

18. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Godin finally makes a bass that I like the look of... might have to give one of these a whirl...

19. You better trademark that. They definitely missed on naming it. ;)

20. I played one today at my local shop. The neck felt amazing, like my trusty old P-bass. I didn't have the heart to plug it in though. I know I would have gotten it if it sounded as good as it looked,felt!!!