Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Godin vs. Turner vs. Allen

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LeonD, Oct 28, 2002.

1. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

I'm in the market for a fretless and I'd like to try an "electric / acoustic" type. The three I've come up with is the Godin A4, Turner Renaissance RB4- FL and the Rob Allen.

I've noticed that even though they produce similar tones, there is a large price difference between the three.

Can anyone provide comments or pros / cons about any of the above three basses?

Thanks,
    LeonD

2. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Christopher,

Thanks for the reply. I did look for an existing thread but missed that one somehow.

LeonD

3. you didn't mention veillette, did u try one out?

4. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Not only did I not try one out, I've never even heard of them. Do they offer anything the other three don't?

LeonD

5. well i don't want to put the other guys down but i think joe veillette does a kickass job at what you want. I also had this dilemma before i decided to juts buy my roscoe instead. I found that the veillette was the perfect middled ground between the warm acoustic feel and the electric dynamics and definition. I'm off to get you some links right now if you want to check them out.

6. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Thanks, I appreciate it.

LeonD