1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Godin Z-1

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hiperi0n, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Texx

Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    Germany
    I own a Z1, but the Piezo ZETA piezo bridge died couple of years ago so i can only rmember how it originaly sounded.
    It was very "acoustic" obiously but still warm. There was not the sterile and thin sound i heard from other piezo equipped basses.
    Qualty of the parts is very good (it's godin). The neck has Jazz bass dimensions an a nice thick c-shape. The body seems to belighter than ash or alder but i don't know which wood was is used.

2. thanx tex for the info....i just discovered that the bass was offered me was not a z1..but a z111 the first difference i see is that the z111 has 2 pick up : one precision pu and a jazz bass pu at bridge...dunno if it has also the piezo (as i hope..) some tips on that z111 model?
    and what you think should be the right value for that bass?it's about of 90's

3. nounours

nounours

Mar 31, 2007
    Hi there,

Just got a Z11.

The Z1 only had the Zeta piezo bridge.

My Z11 has the Zeta + 2 Evans pickups (P+J)

I've seen pictures of a Z111 without the piezos there :

http://www.smalltownbluesman.de/andere07.htm

I read somewhere the Godin stopped using the Zeta bridge because they had fiability problems.

The thing is the grounding of the piezos is a bit sensitive... It's done by the bridge itself for one side, and the string for the other side, the + being in the middle between the cristals...

I have the feeling the wiring of my Z11 has been modified, because the middle position of the blend pot sucks so much bass out that's it's unusable. Anybody out there have a wiring ?

UPDATE: I wrote Godin and I had a copy of the wiring diagram within a week. Great service! If you need a copy, just drop me a note.

Vincent.

Attached Files:

4. FloLuthier

FloLuthier

Aug 15, 2009
    HI do you still have that diagram? i'm really interested! thanx!

5. Bassero

Bassero

May 8, 2011
    Hello,

I would like to have every colleted information about my baby. It would be great if you could upload it.

thank you so much

Rome

6. nounours

nounours

Mar 31, 2007
    here you are...

Vincent.

Attached Files:

7. Bassero

Bassero

May 8, 2011
    Thank you Vincent, A thousand Times Thank you! !

8. Bassero

Bassero

May 8, 2011
    still one of the best !

Attached Files:

• z11.
      z11.jpg
      File size:
      48.5 KB
      Views: