1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Godlyke Deity 8 String w/ Mac Ebony Top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by turbine, Jan 24, 2012.

1. turbine

turbine Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Texas
    Well, I've decided that I don't have any use for an 8 string bass, so my Godlyke Deity is up for sale. I've literally played it twice at home, it's never been to a rehearsal or a gig. This one has the optional Macassar Ebony top, and according to Godlyke only 2 of these were made in the 8 string version. I bought it brand new from Godlyke a couple of years ago, and unbelievably they didn't make a case for it. I couldn't even pay them extra for one! So unfortunately it arrived with 2 small dings in the wood by the lower strap pin. Nothing major, but it was something that could have been avoided if it would have come with a case. Anyway, it's an incredible playing bass and sounds awesome. The weight is 10.4 pounds. I just heard that Godlyke is not going to make any more basses, so somebody should snatch this one up! I'm asking $1300 shipped and insured Conus. I have a Hybrid case, similar to an Anvil, that it fits in real nice. I will have to get $100 more to include it in the sale due to the cost of the case and the extra shipping expense. Thanks, Ron

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68415302@N04/sets/72157627842691908/