Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Godlyke PA-9 Noise

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eshears, Apr 22, 2005.

1. eshears

eshears Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    I just got a Godlyke PA-9, and it seems to be introducing a lot of noise into my signal. Basically, whether I'm using my entire pedalboard or just a single pedal, as soon as I plug in the PA-9, I get a lot of staticy humming coming through my amp. If I power the pedals with their original power supply or batteries, I do not get this noise.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong before I return it.

Thanks!

2. Sergio

Sergio

Apr 7, 2004
    Lafitte, LA
    I have had mine for almost a year now, and I haven't had any problems at all with it. And that's with it powering 5 pedals, and being plugged in for days at a time. Pretty cool how it doesn't heat up at all, even though it wil;l be plugged in for over a week! (Yes, I am wasting electricity! :D :meh: )

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Mine is quiet. Have you contacted the manufacturer? Did they have any suggestions? It could be that you received a defective unit.

You might also try it in a different outlet, and if that doesn't help, try it at a friend's house. Could be some bad wiring.

4. eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Yeah, I've tried different outlets in my house and at the club we played at last weekend...I always get the noise. I plan on e-mailing Godlyke soon to see what they say.

As a side note, the place I bought it from (online) will not exchange it! They told me I have to send it back to Godlyke. What kind of store does not take exchanges on brand new, defective items they sell?

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I <3 my godlyke!

6. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    why not get a noise, gate or supressor, it takes out all back ground noise and most feedback

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

A store that I wouldn't do business with again.

8. PureRockRoll

PureRockRoll

Apr 24, 2005
    i had the same problem with my PA-9, i returned it and just got a power adapter for my DL4 and digidelay, i figure i'll just get the TU-2 and use that to power my pedals

9. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    What store was it BTW?

10. I bought a furman spb-8 and I have not had any issues with it. It's about $200 and I wish it were a little bit bigger. It's got plenty of connections and features, just not enough realestate on the board. I'm thinking I need 2.

Sorry to hear about the store issues. That's always a bummer. I would like to know what store it was as well.

11. eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    A noise gate is a good idea, but I don't think that I should have to buy additional equipment in order to workaround a problem with a defective item. The defective item needs to be replaced first.

I don't normally enjoy bashing retailers in online forums....oh, who am I kidding...I love it! The store in question is: guitareffectspedals.com

12. eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Well, the customer service at Godlyke is fantastic! They responded quickly to my e-mails, and after just a couple of e-mails back-and-forth, they told me to send it in to be replaced. I hope this next one is dead quiet!

13. HawkBoyXVI

HawkBoyXVI Hairbrained Schemer

Oct 25, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    Speaking of noise gates, what's a good one? I live in a city where pretty much all house/building wiring is bad. I've looked at a few, but a noise gate isn't like a normal "listen and buy" accessory.