1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Godlyke power- all???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thedarkone, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Has anyone used the godlyke power-all for 2 line-6 modelers? I must get rid of the enormous power supplies from the 2 line 6 pedals, but am worried about buying the godlyke if I will have noise issues as I did with the visual sound 1 spot.. I also would be interest to know if I add the power pump will it work quiet with a digitech whammy along with 2 line 6 modelers..

The rest of my pedals are powered thru my furman board so that will not be a issue..
    and yes I did a search.. please help!!! thanks:help:

2. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    The Power Pump is useless for the Whammy - it runs on 9.75VAC, not DC.

As for the Line 6 dilemma... I don't know the answer for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if you still had noise issues.

I'd suggest looking into the more expensive isolated-output power supplies like the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2. The great thing about the PP2 is that it has a courtesy AC outlet, so your Whammy power needs are covered.

3. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    My Powerall was noisy almost everywhere I plugged in. Now, I have a PP2+ and if there's any noise (which there usually isn't) it's not nearly as noticeable as it was before.

4. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    I expected as much. It really is just the One Spot's twin, with a higher price tag.

5. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    The nice thing about upgrading to the Voodoo Lab was the Godlyke cables are compatible. Not sure if that's the case with the 1-spot.

6. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    The connectors are identical, plug-wise. Visual Sound doesn't offer straight plugs (all are right-angle), and the adapters for different style plugs have shorter cable lengths. Also, Visual Sound doesn't offer anything other than black :p

7. Hmmm, was hoping for something smaller as I dont have any room left on the board, and it just seems silly to buy a power supply to put on the furman board which already has a power supply built in..Of course the furman does me no good as it only does 9v 100ma, so the line 6 stuff is out..

maybe its time to ditch the line6 stuff and get something smaller...more gas...wifes not gonna like this..oh well!!!

any other ideas?

8. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    A different board :p

9. I know... I'm already thinking that...:hyper: