1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Godsmack - Come Together

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by bassphreak, Aug 13, 2012.

1. We're looking to roll this song into our set soon. Great heavy remake of a great classic song. It's our bread and butter in the band.

Has anyone played and tabbed out? The bass line seems close the original, but tuned down from what I can tell. I'm playing down a step but it's not sounding right. There also seems to be a few fills under the guitar that I'm not getting.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my ear still sucks. I keep working on it but need some help. Pass along any tabs or ideas. Thanks!

2. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Yeah, that's a cool remake! You're right about it being pretty close to the original, and even though they added little parts here and there, for the most part I think he plays less than Paul did. It's in the original key (D minor), but a lot of it's played an octave down in drop-D tuning. Just get the tab for the original, drop most of it an octave (except for the high F during the main line on the intro and a couple other places), and you should be 95% there.

3. Yeah, i think you're right. i wasn't translating some of the notes the right way so it sounded off. I'll work on it some more tonight. Thanks.