1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Godsmack Whatever

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jar546, Mar 1, 2008.

1. jar546

jar546

Dec 14, 2006
    I play and listen to all type of music from blues to country to classic rock to just about anything.

I have been having trouble hearing the full baseline to Whatever by Godsmack. The beginning and majority of the song is pretty easy, starting with C# but everything else is difficult at best to hear. I have tried headphones, eq adjustments but I just can't hear the bass in that song.

Any thoughts on bringing this out? I think the engineer who did the mix must have been mad at the bass player the day they cut.

2. jar546

jar546

Dec 14, 2006
    Thank you. I already found this and re-wrote it for my 5 string but the problem is that if I can't hear the bassline, tablature is useless. Maybe I can find notation since I read music.

I need my ear more than anything

3. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    ah okay.

Well...can't help you there. haha.

Good luck brosef

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    From what I've heard of Godsmack (very little fortunately ;) ) the bassist pretty much just follows the guitarist. Just root note what the guitar player is doing.