Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by winkc2, Feb 7, 2002.

1. winkc2

Feb 5, 2002
    Madison, WI
    I am looking for Godsmack Go Away tabs. If anyone can help me please do. I am just learning and want to learn some Godsmack and that is the only one I cant find that I really want
  2. stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Are you looking for the song with the lines: "I'm doing the best I ever did
    I'm doing the best that I can
    Now go away"? I think that song is called "Whatever" and the tab can be found at this site.

It seems like a pretty simple song to play so why don't you take a challenge and figure it out for yourself? It'll really be pleasing to yourself, and you'll benefit much better.

Just take it slowly, try not to get frustrated. Coming from Godsmack, I'm assuming you might have to tune down your bass, I'm not sure to what. (D maybe? Sorry I'm not too into the band.).

Good luck :)

PS: Donne, that's interesting about the lead singer. I so happen to study Wicca myself (tho I wouldn't call myself Wiccan). And it's a beautiful nature religion....By the way, what are you lauging at? heh. :p
  3. winkc2

Feb 5, 2002
    Madison, WI
    I never even realized it before but I had that song under two different names so yes it is called Whatever. My bad...I would try to learn it myself but I am just beginning like 3 months into it and not abl to pick up sounds of notes too well yet. Thank you again
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    So...how do you think you'll be able to do it later? Does the ability to learn a song by ear just appear overnight after you've played for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years? Let me know.
  5. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    No, the ability to pick up songs wont appear over night but I think it will be a place to start at, like a reference point so to speak. Once you become firmiliar with songs that you have learnd by tab you start to recognize the sound each note makes. It will make you more aware of the sound each fret on the bass produces. If you learn a song by tab and play it with the recording you can hear that they are the same note and I think that would later help make the corolation of how to pick out the differences between notes. I agree that reading music and ear training are important but when you first start on bass you just want to be able to play some songs. Sorry about he spelling....:rolleyes: