Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Goin' North, with moderate budget, help shopping!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, Nov 2, 2000.

1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Hi I'm going to US this christmas and need tips on what effects to buy, I'll be there just for a week so I won't be able to test the all.
    I'm on a moderate budget so help...

I need a Distortion pedal (I heard ODB-3 Boss is great for the $)

A Wah pedal (I was going for the 105Q Crybaby but heard that Morley is best and in the same price [help]

A Compressor

and a Fuzz Pedal

any other pedal that you think is great and is very affordable

please help me with pros and cons and the value.

also where to buy, is there a good shop in Phoenix AZ with good deals? or any national store. or a used item store.

thanks in advance

2. Guitar Center in Phoenix is one of the biggest chain store there. Here's the link for the location.-
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/locations/locations_FRAME.shtml
    I'm sure there are also plenty of Pawn Shops there to check out as well, you may get a good deal on something used.
    And if you are on a limited Budget, you may just want to look at a decent multi-Effects Unit, either rack-mount or Pedal.The Boss ME-30 is worth a try,0r the new stuff from Tone Works.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    If you live overseas, or out of the U.S., I'd advise against buying anything at a pawn shop, since it leaves you no recourse if the thing does go kablooie.

The Digitech RP-8 is supposedly a great Multi-FX unit that has the sounds you described and then some.

Will C.:cool:

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    well, i´m not a fan of multieffects, but the single ones are going to cost me a lot. but thanks anyway.

which is the best multieffects unit in the $200 range?

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Check out the units Zoom has been putting out recently. They go for about $100.

Will C.:cool: