1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Goin' on a cruise

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    In about 11 months...that's a long time to obsess over something. Never been on one, really looking forward to it. How was your cruise experience?

2. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    Are you going for vacation or are you gonna be in the band playing during the cruise? If I remember right, the band that played on the Titantic didn't fare too well!

3. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    That reminds me of the Harry Chapin song (I think the title is:)" I'm in the dance band on the Titanic." Going on vacation instead of working.

4. irjason

irjason In Memoriam

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I went on one with Carnival a few years back. At first I wasn't too wild about the idea of it, but I ended up really enjoying it. It was the most relaxing vacation I've ever had. It was really nice to not have to worry about what to do, where to eat, etc... I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

You've got a long wait ahead of you. I'm sure you'll enjoy it once the time comes around. Out of curiosity, where are you going?

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Make sure you bring some formal attire. Most cruises have formal nights and it's an unwritten rule that you have to wear a suit. So if you forget one, you will either have to rent a tux or stick out like a sore thumb.

6. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Going on a Carnival 5 day cruise to Mexico (out of Mobile.) As for the suit thing, that's what my wife is telling me. I'm not wild about that-cause I'm on vacation!!

7. irjason

irjason In Memoriam

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Sounds like it should be a fun trip! FYI You don't really have to wear a full suit. I got by with a dress shirt and tie.

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Sounds like it should be a good laugh!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021