1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Going back to 4 strings and YES... it's a Fender!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maui-san, Oct 26, 2004.

1. I've been playing my 5 string Carvin and a Chapman Stick for quite some time now. But I always wanted a good 4 string. And somehow you just can't beat the gorgeous looks of a classic Fender. So my girlfriend gave me this for my birthday, a Jazz 75 RI. In the most classic color combo IMO. I strung it with TI jazz flats.. what a sound.. warm, fat and growl!! :bassist:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. that looks really, really classy.

are the flats coated with rubber? i get confused with these strings...

3. Thanks, Micro!! :)

The TI flats aren't covered with rubber. I believe the wrap is steel with a layer of silk underneath it. These strings feel super smooth with a low tension. If you like a very bright sound, then the sound of the flats takes a little getting used to. But they have a really nice vibe.

4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    NICE! :)

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Congrats! She's purt!

6. Congrats on the bass, and for having such a nice, generous girlfriend, maui-san! :)

You can't beat the look of a Fender bass finished in sunburst with a rosewood board, and you can't beat the retro vibe of the same strung with flatwounds. :cool:

Much good luck with it. ;)

I've got my eye on this one. www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0190116

Mike

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  8. im with WC! definatly the best looking and probably the 2nd best playing ive ever felt on a Fender P!

(mind you, majority of them just needed a set up!)

id go for this or a Mike D sig, really cool bass, but I tihnk i;d get this one first.. wont.. ever happen.. tho. =)

9. Thanks!!
    I could have chosen the US reissue, but that was a little too much since she was going to buy it :D .
    So I got this one straight from Ishibashi.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Quite nice. I played a 5 for a while, but it was a lousy 5, and I got rid of if. Now I'm looking to increase to a 5... maybe a 6... maybe I need money first. ;)

11. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Well, Fenders are good basses and all, but it bothers me when Every pic of a "Famous Bassist" on MTV is sporting a Fender...

Just thought I'd Start a Flame war : )

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Your gf bought you that?! awesome!

13. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Your Girlfriend got you that!

Can I have her :eyebrow: