Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going back to 4 strings and YES... it's a Fender!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maui-san, Oct 26, 2004.

1. I've been playing my 5 string Carvin and a Chapman Stick for quite some time now. But I always wanted a good 4 string. And somehow you just can't beat the gorgeous looks of a classic Fender. So my girlfriend gave me this for my birthday, a Jazz 75 RI. In the most classic color combo IMO. I strung it with TI jazz flats.. what a sound.. warm, fat and growl!! :bassist:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. that looks really, really classy.

are the flats coated with rubber? i get confused with these strings...

3. Thanks, Micro!! :)

The TI flats aren't covered with rubber. I believe the wrap is steel with a layer of silk underneath it. These strings feel super smooth with a low tension. If you like a very bright sound, then the sound of the flats takes a little getting used to. But they have a really nice vibe.

4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
  5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Congrats! She's purt!

6. Congrats on the bass, and for having such a nice, generous girlfriend, maui-san! :)

You can't beat the look of a Fender bass finished in sunburst with a rosewood board, and you can't beat the retro vibe of the same strung with flatwounds. :cool:

Much good luck with it. ;)

I've got my eye on this one. www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0190116

Mike

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  8. im with WC! definatly the best looking and probably the 2nd best playing ive ever felt on a Fender P!

(mind you, majority of them just needed a set up!)

id go for this or a Mike D sig, really cool bass, but I tihnk i;d get this one first.. wont.. ever happen.. tho. =)

9. Thanks!!
    I could have chosen the US reissue, but that was a little too much since she was going to buy it :D .
    So I got this one straight from Ishibashi.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Quite nice. I played a 5 for a while, but it was a lousy 5, and I got rid of if. Now I'm looking to increase to a 5... maybe a 6... maybe I need money first. ;)

11. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Well, Fenders are good basses and all, but it bothers me when Every pic of a "Famous Bassist" on MTV is sporting a Fender...

Just thought I'd Start a Flame war : )

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Your gf bought you that?! awesome!

13. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Your Girlfriend got you that!

Can I have her :eyebrow: