Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going back to MTD! (endorsement)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well, after hearing Michael Dimin, and Norm Stockton at the Detroit bassfest, I went home thinking "why the heck did I ever get rid of my 535??????". I've been corresponding back and forth with Micheal Tobias off and on for the last year, and have recently joined the MTD endorsing artists! I am very pleased to be able to help represent his company, as there are NONE better in the field with quality, and customer service, bar none. If you send an email or call for a question, Mike himself is the one that sends you the reply, which is always prompt, friendly, and answers your needs.

Within the next 2 weeks, I will be placing orders for a new custom MTD 535, and also an Heir or Kingston (undecided at this point) to use as a main bass until the 535 is completed and shipped. For the 535, I have decided to go with the standard 21 fret with the tulipwood body, either a myrtle burl, or maple burl (mike's preference) top, and a wenge/wenge neck. As far as a finish goes, I am leaning towards the transparent black, as pictured on the main page of the site, which to me looks very sharp. I plan to have this strung E-C, with a hipshot detuner on the E string for further versatility. I have some time yet to nail down the final details on it, but this is what I am going with so far.

I'd like to once again thank Michael Tobias for this opportunity, and am very proud to be able to represent his company, and fine instruments, and become a part of his endorsed artists team!

Tim

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Congrats! It's always good to realize what you love in a bass, and then be able to endorse them. Besides, Mike is a great guy to deal with.

3. sweet! endorsements are pretty cool to have!
    i wish i had one...
    i suppose i need to at least have a cd out...;)

Charlie

4. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Welcome to the club - That 535 with the high C is truly amazing

Mike

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I wonder where Tim got the idea for that E-C 535 Mike! :D

6. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    We need to start calling it the Mike Dimin "signature" bass - perhaps Mike T will get the idea :p

Mike

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'll suggest that if I can get one at artist price too! :p

8. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    you're a lucky man. I lust after an MTD.

9. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I was never really a fan of the MTD's until I got to see Norm's up close at Bass Quake last month. Those are damn nice basses! I really like his 7-string (Oooooh!)

10. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Congrats! I can still hardly put down my new 535, which is similar to your soon-to-be except body wood (mine's walnut), 24 fret, and strung with the low B. The tone these things put out is simply ridiculous (or in my case, ridonkulous) :D ;) :cool: