going crazy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by batmein, Sep 11, 2002.

1. batmein

Sep 10, 2002
    The more I think about it, the worse I get. I have been thinking of getting a Music Man Stingray, but haven't been able to find one in a good color online, the local store has one (ugly one). Also haven't found any w/ piezo.

ORRRR Get a Warwick thumb neck-through. Which I haven't found anywhere. Will probably have to sell blood for extra money.

My only concerns are:
    MM- Pickup seams a little far down to use as thumb rest for finger pick/strum.

WW- Is it very neck heavy? Does that wood require a LOT of extra care?

As far as a new amp/cabinet. I am completely lost as where to go, I am stepping up from a IMO crappy Crate BX-100.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

3. bad dog

bad dog

May 7, 2002
    Jim Thorpe, Pa.
    Check out the inventory at www.basspalace.com, Bob usually has a bunch of MM Stingrays on hand.

4. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    i can tell you from experience that the colors of the stingray online just don't do it justice. i heard the trans orange was a 'hot' color, but i looked on the Ernie Ball site and wasn't very impressed. i happened to be in a local music store and they had a trans orange sterling. i can not state how much different the color is in person. needless to say (but i will anyway), i now own a trans orange stingray5, w/piezo pups. (warning, cheap plug upcoming) i'm with jeff, bass central has a large selection of 'rays in stock, some w/piezos. if they don't have the color you're looking for, ask them about it cause they may have one on it's way. if not, they can order it for you, if you can stand the wait...