1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Going from 810 to 410+115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Diddii, Mar 13, 2008.

1. I have to change becouse im going on a little tour and i wont last long carrying my Ashdown ABM810, although its cool. So im going for 410+115 setup

Which would you prefer Ashdown og Eden/nemesis
    I play Classic rock/Stoner. need a nice Low-end.

2. anyone?

3. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Both make good cabs. Flip a coin.

4. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    Have you considered two 115 boxes?

5. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    Not familiar with Ashdown's big cabinet, but if it has wheels and a bar on the back to make it handle like a hand truck, what makes you think a dead lift of two cabinets versus rolling a larger one on wheels will be easier?
    Obviously you have the room for either combination and room wise one doesn't take up more than the other.
    Just something to think about. Good luck on the tour!

6. mophed... i have to transport the cabinet in friends Nissan Sunny, and 8x10 is pretty annoying putting it in the back seats.

7. Pump Man

Pump Man Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Pasadena, MD
    Just get a DR. BASS DRB115 & DRB310 and live happily forever!

Carter

8. you know they make cases for fridges that have casters, and if not that then you could always go buy them yourself and fix them into the cab.

that said, flip a coin for the 4x10 1x15 combo.

9. You might consider going with a 2x10 and a 15 because most 4x10 cabinets are going to blow a single fifteen away in terms of volume. A 2x10 is usually a closer match. It also gives you a smoother sound. I went from an SWR 8x10 to SWR 2x10 and 1x15 and love the sound difference.

Also I think 4x10 cabinets are a pain to move. More than an 8x10 cabinet

10. screw the 1x15, its all about the 1x18 and a 4x10.....problem is finding a 1x18...its a bit difficult....but well worth it. if you liked a 8x10 then most of your sound will come from your 10s, so the 18 is really just an awesome woofer, till you use an overdrive, like a big muff, then it becomes a cascading wall of goodness, also whats really cool bout 18s is where/how every one else hears them. the sound bounces off walls faster than you hear it from the speaker. the only drawback, is a bit of speaker lag, which in combination with a 4x10 aint no big deal. also the 4x10s wont drown out the 18 like they will most 15s. And they dont lose there pop out side like 10s seam to. but this is just my humble opinion. good luck on your tour.....also I play alot of stoner rock and psychedelic rock at death metal volumes...like deep purple loud...... and this rig seams to work well

11. axxtion

axxtion

Jan 21, 2006
    Disneyland, CA
    EV Proline 18, 20hz to 5000hz, 101db 1 watt at 1 meter. It eats up everything, including 10's. No other speaker like it.