1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Going From a 410XL to Two Epifani PS112....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by billinbrasil, Nov 11, 2018.

1. ....pushed by a GK 800RB.

I know that my back be happy, but what about my ears??

TIA

2. A 15” driver is about equal to two 10” ones. Theoretically you’ll be losing a bit of volume but I hope it all works out for you. :)

You might also consider replacing the GK with a Class D unit. That old beastie weighs a ton! :roflmao:

3. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    The tonal quality change is harder to assess. Every time I go 212 I miss the responsiveness of the 10’s. Keep adjusting, eventually it all works out

shoot-r likes this.
  4. Thnaks for the re
    Thanks for the reply!!

Replacing the 800RB with another amp??
    One "scary" step at a time....hehehehe

BassmanPaul likes this.
  5. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    I just ditched my XL4.5 for a Rumble210. I couldn't be happier, my back too.

6. Well, I pulled the trigger on a pair of Epifani PS112s but it'll be a couple of weeks until they arrive. If I don't sell my 410XL beforehand, I'm gonna set up a "wall of doom" with my 800RB and all three cabinets, just because...

7. I think that will be an awesome mini stack. I run an Eden WT550 into an Epifani ULII 310 that weighs 42lbs and it sounds better than any other cab I had before (Hartke, Fender, Peavey, Carvin). Well worth the money for that tone and low weight.

8. Make sure you don’t go too low on impedance. It could be fatal for your amp.

9. They are all 8 ohm cabinets. The 410 on the 8 ohm, 100 watt side and the two 112s on the 4 ohm, 300 watt side. We're good!!

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I owned a pair. Gonna be a whole lot of boom. The tweeters are subtle but present. Watch your bass knob.

11. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    It's all down to how loud you have to play. I went from an Epifani UL410 to 2 Berg AE112's. No problem.

When I got into a really loud band I just put a 3rd AE112 on top and ran the amp at 2.67 ohms.

12. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

c’mon. Really? A ton? How about 20#. Why don’t we start complaining about basses. They clock in at 9# and we have to carry them ALL night!!

13. Did you not notice the :roflmao: icon? :)

I’ve replaced all my lead sled amps with more capable Class D units. Much easier load in and out! :D

14. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  15. Update: I’m really, really happy!!

My original plan was to sell the Hartke and run my 800RB and effects into the two Epi PS112. Things kinda changed...

No effects at all, bass directly into the 800RB with the 08 ohm Hartke on the 100 watt amp and the two Epis on the 300 side. Phenomenal!!!

I really don’t need this much cabinet and doubt that I’ll ever take it all to a gig. But what a sound, by far the best bass tone I’ve ever had.

Life’s good....

BA462C9E-21DE-4ABD-BC0C-26E94B47F6D9