Going from VVT to BVT with series/parallel switch (J bass)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by unbrokenchain, May 1, 2017.

1. unbrokenchain

unbrokenchain Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Black Mountain, NC
    I've found threads and diagrams for adding a blend control, and some for adding a series/parallel switch, but not for both at the same time..

I'd like to add a series wiring option to my bass (MIM fender jazz), but I'd rather the volume knob for the series position to be the second knob. I have a tendency to hit the first knob (neck pickup volume) when I'm playing and inadvertently turn it almost all the way down. For this reason I was thinking of turning it into a blend knob when in parallel and have just one volume knob in either position. I don't ever really solo either pickup, I prefer them the same volume 99% of the time.

Has anyone done this particular mod? Would a 250k or 500k-ohm pot be better for the blend?

2. Just swap the order of the pickups/wiring. You can have the series volume on either pot.

3. unbrokenchain

unbrokenchain Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Black Mountain, NC
    Sweet, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021