Going off to college tomorrow

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by akajuve400g, Aug 22, 2002.

1. akajuve400g

May 22, 2000
    I am leaving for lsu tomorrow, I just bought a pedulla rapture w/ case. I am wondering if I should bring my case or not. I am thinking of just bringing a gig bag because I am just staying in a small dorm room. What do you guys think I should do?
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Yes!!!! Definately bring the case! Anything can happen in a dorm....things that can ruin a nice Pedulla.
  3. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Whatever you do, get a good lock for your closet and keep an eye on the axe at all times. All sorts of stuff gets stolen at colleges. I kid you not.

Have fun.
  4. i ahve this problem too, except i know im taking a case forsure, i just dont know if i should get a hard case or just bring my gig bag. i dont think i can store my bass in my room so...would a hardcase be safest?
    you should definetly bring a case though. definetly definetly.
  5. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    Um, I'm not being mean, but aren't you a bit young for college ? (Shoonk)
  6. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Write down the serial number of the bass and leave it with your parents. Also get renters insurance. Oh yeah, store it in a case, preferably a beer-proof one.
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I'd like to add that you should also take pictures of the bass.

I think having the case is a good idea too, especially if you're sharing the dorm with someone else.
  8. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Gig bags scare me. It is like a false sense of security. They will protect little things like dings and stuff, but will do nothing if something serious should happen. An accident waiting to happen IMO.
  9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Definitely get the hard case. Thieves don't like those cheesy gig bags. You aren't going to have the Pedulla for long, anyway.
  10. boarding school, actually. ileave on september 8th. sucky, i know. i'll miss yas, but i'll be in touch.
  11. Dude take it from me, a student at ZOOMASS AMHERST, BRING A CASE! For godsakes dorm life is nuts. Since I didn't have a gig bag or case up at school, I kept my bass on a stand,.. big mistake! Little did I know that bass guitars become irresistable to anyone under the influence. Apparently, once in a drunken state, even the least musically gifted individuals suddenly believe they have the skills of a bass virtuoso. Luckilily the bass I had up there was a cheap dean. But it still sucked to deal with idiots always mishandling it thinkin' their jaco.

Anyway get a case or you just might wake up one morning horrified that the hot blonde you thought you bedded the night before is actually just a made in mexico fender with a blonde finish.:D
  12. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hey! I'm heading of to DU next tuesday. Definetly taking my case for my American Jazz Deluxe. I should probably get a lock for my closet to come to think of it. Be a good idea. Good luck man!