Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going Price for a Warmoth Gecko?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Nov 15, 2003.

1. I'm thinking about selling my Warmoth Gecko. I have the bug to build something else. What is a good asking price for one of these units?

Alder body w/flame maple top
    Sunburst finish
    Wenge neck
    Seymour Duncan ASB-5 pickups
    Kahler Bridge
    Strap Locks
    All black hardware

Nice gig bag

I know some of you have recently bought/sold used Geckos. What did you pay/get for them?

2. Here is a picture.

3. Another.

4. And another.

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    around $700 or so

but you have to find people that know about them

steve

6. steviecsg

steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    $500.

people here don't really care much about warmoth products. so the resale value was the pits.

7. I think the resale value is the pits b/c buyers are leery of instruments built by amateurs, mostly.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  9. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Funny, I was thinking the opposite - that the wenge neck would cause it to attract "budget MTD" and "vintage Warwick" customers instead of "expensive Fender" customers. I guess time and a sale will tell.

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    True, I didn't think of ot that way!!!!:bassist:

11. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Wow....if i lived nearby i would buy it in a snap.

:bawl:

12. If anyone here at Talkbass is interested I will let it go for $700 with a gigbag. It's an awesome bass. The only flaw is one of the screws that holds on the truss rod cover. The head broke off the screw. I have a picture of it, it's hardly noticable and could probably be drilled out fairly easily. I just never have gotten around to it.

13. Erlend_G,

I don't mind shipping it to you.

14. Dude, I'm so tempted.:(

Wanna Yamaha BB1500A?;)

Oh, I sent you an e-mail via eBay about this bass. Is it the Small, Medium, or Wide model?

15. I knew I recognized the 7770. It's a medium neck. I'm going to use the money to fund another project. Let me knoe if your interested.

16. What will be your new project? I wish I could, but the wife would kill me.:(

17. Well, first I'm going to buya four string. Probably a Spector or Carvin. Then I will build another Gecko with an MM style pickup.

18. Sounds cool.

Why did bidding end?