1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Going Price for a Warmoth Gecko?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Nov 15, 2003.

1. I'm thinking about selling my Warmoth Gecko. I have the bug to build something else. What is a good asking price for one of these units?

Alder body w/flame maple top
    Sunburst finish
    Wenge neck
    Seymour Duncan ASB-5 pickups
    Kahler Bridge
    Strap Locks
    All black hardware

Nice gig bag

I know some of you have recently bought/sold used Geckos. What did you pay/get for them?

2. Here is a picture.

3. Another.

4. And another.

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    around $700 or so

but you have to find people that know about them

steve

6. steviecsg

steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    $500.

people here don't really care much about warmoth products. so the resale value was the pits.

7. I think the resale value is the pits b/c buyers are leery of instruments built by amateurs, mostly.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  9. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Funny, I was thinking the opposite - that the wenge neck would cause it to attract "budget MTD" and "vintage Warwick" customers instead of "expensive Fender" customers. I guess time and a sale will tell.

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    True, I didn't think of ot that way!!!!:bassist:

11. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Wow....if i lived nearby i would buy it in a snap.

:bawl:

12. If anyone here at Talkbass is interested I will let it go for $700 with a gigbag. It's an awesome bass. The only flaw is one of the screws that holds on the truss rod cover. The head broke off the screw. I have a picture of it, it's hardly noticable and could probably be drilled out fairly easily. I just never have gotten around to it.

13. Erlend_G,

I don't mind shipping it to you.

14. Dude, I'm so tempted.:(

Wanna Yamaha BB1500A?;)

Oh, I sent you an e-mail via eBay about this bass. Is it the Small, Medium, or Wide model?

15. I knew I recognized the 7770. It's a medium neck. I'm going to use the money to fund another project. Let me knoe if your interested.

16. What will be your new project? I wish I could, but the wife would kill me.:(

17. Well, first I'm going to buya four string. Probably a Spector or Carvin. Then I will build another Gecko with an MM style pickup.

18. Sounds cool.

Why did bidding end?