1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Going to ask anyway so let me have it.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gary mitchell, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Is there a new or old rack Processor , I can plug in to the in on the processor and go straight out to the amp.

2. JKos

JKos

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Are you referring to something like a Fractal Audio Axe FX, Avid Eleven Rack, or Line 6 POD Pro?

- John

3. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I figured every processor in history was able to do this. Many are also preamps so you'd only *need* a power amp and speaker cab, but you always have the option to plug into the front end or effects return (thus using the power section only) of a combo, too.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    saabfender likes this.
  4. If you are looking for clean studio bass tones a channel strip might be worth considering. Different ones will include compression, limiting, gain block, eq some will include gating like de esser. The dbx ProVocal also includes modulation effects chorus or flanger as well as delay and reverb. You can save presets and control them via front panel commands or midi.

5. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Back in the day, lots of folks used an Alesis Midiverb IV.

Line 6 Pods and Behringer V-Bass had rackable offerings.

Rocktron Intellifex or Chameleon worked.

ADA MB-1 was a terrific bass preamp & processor that Les Claypool himself used for decades.

ART NightBass series was an '80's rack mainstay.

Many pros use Eventide rack processors.

Boss even made a couple that held their own - the VF-1 and SE-50.

Lexicon and the MPX series.

BrentSimons likes this.
  6. I think for right now I will keep what i have, they are already payed for, may change a pedal here and there sometime.