Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going to be taught be Stanley Clark!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Hey everybody I just recently signed up for a guitar workshop in Connecticut and you pick your instrument that you play and then you pick all different courses you want to do. As I continued to read on I saw that Stanley Clark was going to be a guest teacher there for the entire week thatI am going!! I can wait its gonna be awesome I think Im gonna get My Fender Jazz deluxe MIA signed by him :bassist:

2. I saw that...I wish I lived up north for that. :crying:

3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    That's Clark"e". You'll probably be gettin' that right once he signs your bass. :D

Stanley's a musical genius, IMO. I bought some of his gear when he had a few auctions recently, with his divorce and all.

He's "okay" on electric, but he's a real genius on the upright. I have a picture of him, with his thumb on the back of a double, in the usual playing position, and his fingers curl all the way around the neck to the other side, you can see 'em poking around almost back to the fingerboard.

Lately I hear he's been doing mostly movie soundtracks, maybe you can ask him about that. :)

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah, I thought about spending a week at National Guitar Workshop this summer, but I opted to spend my week off of work down in West Virginia fixing homes for the poor. NGW is one helluvan experience though. Play as much as you can with whoever you can. Play with young kids and the old geezers, you'll get a lot of stage time and experience in many genres, meet a bunch of people and have lots of fun.

Just don't eat the food.

5. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Ditto...

[​IMG]

Congrats on the week of study with a true bass innovator. Wish it was me.

Peace,

James