1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

going to court on friday.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Remember my 4-wheeling mess?

anyways, since then, they have fixed the no trespassing sign, and added a few more. luckily, i have pictures from the day of.

This is getting ridiculous. My public defender didn't know anything about my violations, so he plead me not guilty... and he wants my cousins to come testify.

Yes. lets make a jury trial out of a $500 fine. :rolleyes:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I wanna be a juror!

-Mike

3. What did you do exactly? Hit a no trespassing sign on a 4-wheeler?

4. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Hahaha.

5. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    And could you recap the story for us? Or post a link?

6. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Who knows Mike. They could always just throw out the charges, seeing as how it's a minor offense and you're taking up the court's valuable time, or they'll throw the book at you.

Good luck.

7. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Plead insanity.

I've always wondered if that really works. Consider yourself a guinea pig.

8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    All we have to do is send the judge a couple of his posts on TB and he will get off.

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Good Luck Mike .

10. You and me both, Mike, though my date is Tuesday. I'm facing Misdemeanor Theft charges. I'm pleading guilty, plus I've been cooperating with the sherrif's office and my ex-employer. Max sentance for me is a couple days in jail.

I REALLY wish I hadn't done that. It was the biggest error in judgement I've ever made. I lost my girlfriend, my job, my insurance, and a bit of my identity with all of this. God, I'm depressed.:(

Rock on
    Eric

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Mike, refresh my memory.

Eric, what happened?

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Mike and Eric, good luck to you both.

13. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yikes! I told one of the new guys here at TB that there are no thieves here. My bad.

-Mike

14. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Good luck, although I would like to know what happened to both of you. I'm nosy. :smug:

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    That's pretty harsh, especially since Eric obviously sounds as though he has learned his lesson and is remorseful. Plus, he's young. Not that it makes it okay, but who here didn't do something incredibly stupid when they were younger? Whether you got caught or not doesn't make a difference. Who here has NEVER taken anything from where they worked that didn't belong to them? A pencil? a rubber band? a BMW? :D Doesn't matter what it is (and again regardless whether you were caught), theft is theft.

I have a lot more respect for someone like Eric who will man up and take the heat for his wrong-doing, than someone else who claims they have ALWAYS been innocent themselves, when in reality probably none of us here have always been. Mistakes are okay, as long as a lesson is learned from them.

PS, I hope they throw the book at Mike! :)

16. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    IIRC, Mikey accidentally ("accidentally"? who knows!) trespassed on some company's land while wheeling around the backcountry, as they hadn't any warning signs at that small road where they were driving, and bumped into a pissed-off enforcement officer a moment later.

17. Thursday

Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    I go to court next week, the 29th. I wish I can go back to last year and do it other again.

18. Mikey is soooo punk :hyper:

19. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    This may be the wrong forum for this story, but it is court related. This happened to a bass player guy I knew way back in the '70s, and ironically enough, his name was Mike...

...one day I was riding with this guy in his car. He had an ugly brown American Motors 'Gremlin'... a classic P-O-S car! Well, we get pulled over, because his P-O-S car didn't have working brake lights. The cop was behind us when Mike was stopping at an intersection. After Mike had presented his license, and the officer did the usual warrants check, he tells Mike to get out of the car, and that he was under arrest for several unpaid traffic tickets. Back-up arrives, and they handcuff poor Mike and haul his keester off to jail. I asked the cops if I could drive his car... without being cited for defective brake lights... and they said I could, but if some other cop should pull me over, I could get ticketed. I made it home okay.

This was a Friday early afternoon, and Mike had a gig that night. I was good friends with the drummer of their band, Richard. So I contacted Richard, and between the two of us, we scraped together the $150 to get him out of jail, and we did so by 6 o'clock that evening. Mike makes the gig... everything's okay for now.

Mike has a court date set two weeks to the day later. Since Richard and I had a financial interest in this mess, we not only made sure Mike showed-up for his hearing, but we took him down to the courthouse ourselves. We sat with him until they called his name.

So, there's 'ol Mike standing in front of the judge. The judge goes over all the outstanding tickets... it's been so long now, but I think there were a couple for speeding, and a handful more for various violations regarding his P-O-S car. However, I'm pretty sure the dollar amount of the fine was $450! Well, Mike blurts out, "You gotta be kidding me! Four-hundred and fifty dollars!! You guys are a bunch of f***ing crooks!!!"

Needless to say, 'ol Mike was immediately taken into custody and tossed into the slammer... with contempt of court charges added to his misery...

...and that, boys and girls, was how I joined my first band as a bass player, 'cuz like I said, this court date was two weeks to the day later, which was a Friday, and they had a gig that night, too. There was no way in hell Mike was getting out of jail that night... this whole thing went down in Dallas County, Texas. So I took poor Mike's place... and the judge made sure Richard and I got our hundred and fifty bucks back for posting Mike's bail in the first place... :D

20. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Good point. My bad....again.

-Mike