Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going to Germany next week.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blueszilla, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    ...leaving Monday the 13th, arriving Tuesday morning in Frankfurt, and will drive to Buttelborn (sp?). It's a working trip. I'll stay at a place I think is called Hotel Monica. Any of our German brethren have any suggestions on where to go and what to see? I won't have time to see much but let me know if there is anything I shouldn't miss. How about a place to catch some live music?? My plane leaves Frankfurt Friday early afternoon.

2. Cool, have a good time - I've never been, so I can't give you any advice, though.

Send us a post card :D

Oh, and BTW, it ain't rocket surgery, it's brain science! :p

3. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Update:

I am posting from Buttelborn!! Nice place to visit, too bad I won't have enough time to look around in detail. I am staying at a real old fashioned inn in a community called Gross Gerau about 20 km southwest of Frankfurt. The guy who owns it is named Schroder (really!!), I told him about Jorg and my cabinet, but I don't think he knows what I'm talking about; either that or he doesn't care!! :p

More later, maybe I can post pics since I now have a digital camera.

4. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Go to the Warwick factory. Blag a few thumb b-o body's for me!

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I believe Frankfurt has one of the largest music stores in Europe, I think, maybe I'm mistaking...have a look for it!

And another, Schroder is quite a popular name in Germany, a bit like the surname "Bill" in the US. Hope you enjoy.

6. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Frankfurt a.M.?

7. too many Schroeders in Germany. Frankfurt has a lot of cool paces, at least 25 years ago (God, I'm getting old) :smug:
    Have a safe trip, Phil.

8. So...........what are you going to get me?

9. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Sorry for being late. The flights overseas, as many of you might know, are brutal. I recommend anethesia if possible.

I didn't find Lownebrau; no rental car and too little time to explore. The few times I had some beers it was Hefeweisen (sp?), which was pretty good. I was about a week early for Oktoberfest.

Sorry Dave, my only chance in Frankfurt itself was one evening of sightseeing with my non-musician host. Next time.

Again time was a factor. I wish you guys had told me this before I left!

Random Basser yes Germany morning. I was about dead when i finally got there and they lost my bag! :rolleyes: :bawl:

JSCHRO7376 Thanks Jorg! It was safe I suppose, just godawful.

A bit of advice. If you can afford it, go first class overseas!

10. I am actually thinking of (if my France thing doesn't work out) going to Germany now. My new (possibly best :D ) friend was born there, lived there for awhile and wants to go back...maybe if she can afford to go, then instead of going to England like I planned I will change it to Germany, but only if she can/wants to go, I don't speak German she does.
    Maybe if we start dating (I don't think we are yet :p ) then I will just ask if she wants to go and pay for us both. BUt who knows, we might just stay friends and she may not have the money, inwhich case I will go to England as planned.

And Becca, if you want I will bring you back something :D

...I have a few ideas already ;) hahahaha
    talk to you later unless she calls and I don't get back til late.
    :oops: (<-- yawning)