Going to Ireland for Christmas.

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by ransombass, Sep 2, 2009.

1. translation: Excuse me good sir, you seem to be interfering with my intended path of travel and would greatly appreciate it if you removed your being from this location.

2. :D

3. Just checked up about the Jazz festival in cork. 23rd to the 26th of october. The city is always jammed full of people for it. I saw some cool bands at it last year. Worth a look if possible.

4. Jereth

Jereth Still lovin' that cake...

Jun 20, 2006
    Ireland
    I'm not a fan of either to be honest(blasphemy, I know).
    But if you are in Dublin it's gotta be Guinness. It's suppposed to be unrivaled up there.

5. I enjoy both and you being in Cork I was curious if you prefered Beamish.....

6. Jereth

Jun 20, 2006
    Ireland
    Not a stout man. In fact, I can barely tolerate beer and generally stick to cider.
    A few friends love Beamish and Guiness. They prefer Murphy's though, just being typical Corkmen

7. I like Magners myself....as far as stouts go I'm not fond of Murphy's.

8. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    I'm a Guinness man as far beer goes. I usually start the night off with a double Jameson's on the rocks though. I'm looking forward to trying a Wexford Cream Ale.

9. How old are your kids? The last time we went we took my oldest who was 15 months old at the time. It was an interesting trip.

10. Jereth

Jun 20, 2006
    Ireland
    It's still called Bulmers here :bassist:
    Do you come to Ireland often...?

I assume your question about kids was directed at the OP?

11. Yes that's it. I couldn't recall the name. I have been twice since my wife and I married in 2001 and the last time was 2005. I'd love to visit again but now I have 3 little ones so I will have to wait. Yes I was asking the OP about the kids.

12. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    My kids are not really kids anymore. They're 18 and 20. Which reminds me, what's the drinking age in Ireland? Am I going to be pouring their butts into bed every night?

13. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007

Pour away.;)

14. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    Quality!

15. Cool ransombass there will be no travel meltdowns then! It was tough to get my son who is now my oldest adjusted. It was pretty funny getting him a passport for the trip.

16. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    Guinness in most of Dublin is muck. You want a good pint, you should go somewhere in the back arse of nowhere, listen for Irish traditional and look around the bar, if the average age of the patrons isn't 60, don't bother ordering a pint!

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021