Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going to LA to demo the VBass at Roland

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Apr 9, 2002.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    maybe i should post this in effects...
    hi all- it looks like im driving to LA wed to get a demo of the Roland V Bass- it hits the stores in a few weeks and i figured i better get the demo form the guys that know the thing and not a sales person at GC or Mars- which say they will not carry it in stock anyway ;(
    so i made arrangement and i will get an afternoon alone with the roland rep and the V bass- i will post a report upon my return- ( wed nite)- hope it knocks my sock off!!

2. Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto

3. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    eagerly awaiting your report.
    mine's still on back order.

4. Can't wait to hear what you think of it Adrian. If you think it's really good, then i will probably have my DP custom made with Piezos. I am borderline on that debate. I was gonna get them so that i'd have a lot more tone options, but also, if the V-bass is good, i'd have even more options with sound and tone shaping. So i'm eagerly awaiting your words Adrian.

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    damn- early call tomorrow- we are leaving around 7 am- Steve Smith ( AlembicKoa ) and myself.
    I dont know what to expect- i know this much- its not midi- and the piezos are not a necessity- its not even an advantage according to Roland. So itll be nice to be able to switch the pickup between all the basses.
    The synth sounds are bass synth sounds- there are no lead synths or mallets or pianos or anything like that:(
    but they hinted that expansions may be available later to add these sounds-
    I am mainly wanting to hear how it tracks what it does- they say tracking is a non-issue and there is no delay. we'll see.
    Also i am interested in the fretless emulation and the upright emulation- though i doubt itll convince me its a freltess- i would like to use a fretlles sound in the show- and i have no time to change basses- even if i had to- same with UB- i plan to use it along with my real bass sound- ive never been sold on the modeling technology and i hope Roland didnt wait this long to put out a turkey. i have heard that some people have checked it out- insiders- but roland swears its hasnt done that - however- there have been reports of it being a dissapointment- i kick myself for not spending more time checking it at NAMM- i hope its not a awaste of time- but itll be a nice ride..