Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going to my first concert tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by darkspec, Mar 19, 2003.

1. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Well, tonight is the night! Im going to my very first concert. Im seeing In Flames,Depswa,Grade 8 and MUDVAYNE!!!!! My favorite band. I really cant wait, concert starts at 7:30, any other Ohio guys going?

2. Geez dude, talk about baptism by fire! Enjoy the show, create a ruckus in the pit for me.

3. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    Welcome to the world of music!!! You will never "see" music the same or hear it the same.:D :D :D

4. my first concert was the G3 tour- steve vai, john pertucci, and JOE SATRIANI. sweet.

5. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Concerts rule!

I've been to 2: The Offspring, and more recently, TOOL. Damn, what an experience!:)

6. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Oh my God. I have never seen so much chaos in my life. It was all good when Depswa and Grade 8 were playing. (In Flames Cancelled) But when Mudvanye came on the whole place went ape style. A guy told me before Mudvayne started that It would be the most intenste concert I will ever goto. I believe him, it was amazing! Only sad part was that I got elbowed in the face and stoped moshing. I got a giant azz bruise. Concerts are amazing!

ps. Everyone check out grade8music.com

I bought this cd and got it signed by the band. Real nice bunch of guys with some real heavy music.

7. It's not a good metal concert unless either you or one of the people you go with gets hurt, nice job :D

I don't really know any Mudvayne but it'll be fun getting dirty while they're opening for Metallica this summer.

8. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    MAn you are going to a whacked out first concert. Be prepared to be rughed up....my first concert was hottie and the blowfish. The worst that happened was a threat of closing Gap.

9. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    I think the first "concert" i saw was either Styx or Thin Lizzy in the early to mid seventies, unless you count seeing Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods singing "Billy, don't be a hero" at disneyland!!:D

10. My first concert... Korn with Staind at the height of the nu-metal craze (at least to me anyway) back about 4 years ago. I had my eyes closed the entire time because I got hit with a rock in the face while we were waiting to go into the venue, scratched my cornea in three places.

Styx and / or Thin Lizzy would be incredible, cool.