Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going to NAMM next week

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bob Gollihur, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I'll be taking off to the NAMM show in LA next Wed., and the dear wife and I will take the following week to wander So. CA, so...

...any goodies in particular anyone has an interest in? I'll be on the lookout for more bass toys to share with y'all, and have my own list, but if something is of interest, let me know and I'll put it on the list.

...anybody else in the forum going? I won't be in a booth this time, just wandering the show.

...this isn't a solicitation, just a note, if you were planning on ordering something and want it before 1/15, get in touch now, or I may not be able to ship until 1/28, though some items (Acoustic Image, for example) can be drop-shipped, and I hope to have my son to come in and ship some items during my absence.

2. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Bob-
    A pleasure to finally address you and thank you for all your service to the bass community. When I first saw your site I of course went to the luthier directory and was surpriized to see my name there[still don't know how it got there].
    I did want to ask you something about the Namm show although it concerns BG-hope that is not a problem here. There is a fellow by the name of Ken Parker who is a personal friend of mine. You may know his name because he's pretty well known for his revolutionary electric guitars. He is debuting his BG at this show and its pretty big news in that world. I just thought you might like to say hi to him and check out the instrument. I haven't seen it yet and I'd love to hear your opinion. The guitars are innovative beyond anything i have ever seen.

3. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Hello Jeff-

It is wonderful to have a luthier of your caliber, experience, and generosity on TalkBass to straighten this and other bass-hackers out; your contributions are much valued. Don't know where your name came from, but most were submitted by happy customers and expect that's how your name came to grace the list.

I will be happy to take a look at the bass you mention. Always fun to see what new developments are out there- these days I actually find myself played electric more often than double bass.