Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

going to orlando tomorrow

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Oct 24, 2002.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey folks

i'll be going to orlando tomorrow, so behave for gard, jazzbutt, and ryan, huh? me and the wife are finally taking our honeymoon, 11 months after our wedding :rolleyes: :D

oh, btw, gard, i'll be stopping by next week some time with a few of the babies. :D :D

2. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Don't do anything I wouldn't do...Oh wait...That doesn't leave you much room...oops...my bad:D

3. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, considering this _is_ my honeymoon, i expect to come back with at least a few muscles pulled. :eek: :D

4. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Must have pics...of Orlando...that is...any other pics...please keep to yourself...teehee;)

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I hate all of you who can just go to Orlando and visit Gard when Ive passed through the city at least 8 times since I knew about (and obviously wanted to visit) Bass Central!

I live In Miami and despite having made 2 purchases from the great folks up there, I have yet to drop by!

GRRRR....

Oh yeah, and have fun!;)

Peace
    Nick

PS: Are you going to Islands of Adventure for Halloween Horror Nights? I went two weeks ago and I had a killer time! Its really crazy.

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    If you think for one moment that you'll get away with stopping by BC with the chilrinz for a bit, you are SADLY MISTAKEN.

:mad:

Mrs. Gard has informed me that you and your much better half are required to suffer the same punishment for visiting our fair city that the other denizens of Atlanta's TB dungeon must:

FUJI SUSHI!!!

:eek:

Let me know when you're gonna be able to spend an evening, don't try to avoid it, take it like a man.....

:p

...of course, you'll be required to spend a few hours visiting "Option Anxiety Central" as well!

:D

Oh, and it's about darn time you treated Mrs. JT to her well deserved honeymoon! (It only took me 11 YEARS and the good fortune of having a friend that owns a 55' yacht to get around to treating Mrs. G to hers!).

Seriously, we'd love it if you two could find an evening to go out for dinner (sushi is preferred, but optional if y'all ain't up for it - there are plenty of other great restaurants in town).

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, barbara _lives_ for sushi, and i dig me some salmon sushimi - you _will_ be hearing from us :D

we're staying at this time share resort called cypress pointe (with an e :rolleyes: :D ) that's only a few miles for d-world.

are you working saturday? i wouldn't be too surprised if we come over there then - first things first, you know. :D

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    *...rubs hands together evilly...*

Excellent!

I'm definitely working Saturday, I only get let out of the salt mine if we have a gig. As we have no gig - I will be shackled to a computer and telephone ("Thanks for calling Bass Central, this is Gard - can I help you?)....

;)

...shop's open from 11-5, and if you time it right, you'll even get a chance to hob-nob with Señor LaRue, he'll be in to teach this Saturday.

Don't know the resort y'all are stayin' at, but it's most likely on US 192. Pointe with an "e"...lovely, how posh it all sounds. ;) Not exactly across the street from BC, other end of the world almost, actually. You'll be ~30-45 minutes from BC, depending on traffic (Saturday is the best day though, I-4 isn't a parking lot on weekends, just weekdays), if you're on 192. Let me know if you need directions, and I'll be happy to give 'em to ya.

Guess we can discuss the consumption of raw fish when you stop by the shop...:D

Look forward to the visit, and I'll warn the staff of your impending arrival!

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    An update on JT's adventures in Didnee Whirl'd:

He and his lovely bride arrived at Bass Central - directly off the road, no stops at the hotel even - showed up at just before 5 pm Saturday (which is typically closing time for us).

Now you'd think, on your honeymoon no less, that you'd limit your "carry on luggage" of basses at least somewhat...

NO

...JT pulls 5 of his harem out of the car, including the Acme Double-Necked Boat Anchor (trademark), when he shows up!

I'm tellin' ya, the man ain't right....Barbara tells me it took him an hour and a half to decide which ones to pack!

Anyhow, there were a few new victims in the shop, they were all totally overwhelmed by the experience, particularly when I helped him carry in the hydra-like monstrosity. Lots of "Uh...you actually play that thing?!?!?" :D

I ended up sitting there after closing chatting with the two of them for almost 2 hours...

Fast forward to last night -

Had a great dinner with the happy couple at our favorite sushi place (if you're a TBer and you come to Orlando, you go to Fuji Sushi, it's a tradition now, right Dave & bassmonkeee? :D), lots of bass talk, bassist talk, TalkBass talk (anyone's ears burning? ;) ), discussions of the hirsute nature and poor bathing suit choices of some of the tourists ( :eek: ), elephant talk....

Wonderful night, the four of us actually closed the place down! :D

JT wanted me to tell everyone hey, and let them know that since I've informed him that you've all been bad boys and girls in his absence, he's returning on Sunday night with smoke coming out of his ears, breathing fire, and lasers shooting from his eyes.....

.....ok, I'm just kidding.

(Well, he was breathing fire at one point, but I think that may have been the wasabi...)

Any TBer's in the Orlando area that want to hang with JT and his menagerie this Saturday afternoon, he's planning to stop by the shop again for a bit.

10. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I love that title! that made me about pee myself... remember, Jaco only needed one neck JT!

P@

11. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Pictures! We want Pictures! The Acme Double Neck Boat Anchor is probably as tall as Dave. Would love to see a shot of him or Beaver with that baby.

Robert

12. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Did you know that more people visit Orlando, Florida in a week than visit Mecca in an entire year?

You know what that means, don't you...

...they need to get better rides at Mecca.

13. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

or better bass stores!

P@

14. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Jezuz im laughing so hard!!
    hahahaha...
    okay okay..
    Gard in about a year or two i might come down there...someday..hopefully.. if ashley lets me..
    Uh by then maybe ill have a 7 stringer.. or can buy one from you at BC =D
    I goto the website all the time.. its just i cant afford anything right now =(

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    jc, pm....you guys are killin' me!

I just hope no one thinks we need our own Ka'aba* shrine here!!!!

;)

*(my apologies if I've remembered the name of the meteorite incorrectly....and no offense to any Muslims....but I really don't want any more religious attractions here - Bible World is irritation enough, thanks)

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Did you know that Indio is the Mecca of date lovers, but Mecca is the Mecca of the world?

17. Hey Gard: Heads Up! I'm supposed to be at a conference in Orlando Nov 17 -20, and I love good Sushi!! I'll try AT LEAST to stop by the store ...I'll pm you when I know for sure that I'm going there.

I'm glad you're taking good care of JT, some of us were worried about him.....;)

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    You don't stop by the store and hit Fuji Sushi, you will be banished from TB! :p

TB + Orlando = Bass Central + Sushi

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm so ashamed that I've yet to do the sushi, and have been to BC 5 times...

20. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...yes, you're not a real TBer, are you?