1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Going to Seattle, Washington for work

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by willbassyeah, Mar 28, 2013.

1. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    HI guys, i will be travelling to seattle washington, everett. is there any good place to buy pedals and open after office hour? btw what time is the office hour? haha my first US visit kinda excited and thinking of buying pedals there.

2. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    I know Bass EFX is in Seattle!

3. bassyogi

bassyogi

Jul 23, 2012
    Sardis Ohio
    Bass Northwest is another possibility too. Bassnw.com

4. bludog

bludog

Apr 3, 2012
    Brooklyn 11217
    +1

There are a few really cool boutique effects builders up in those parts and I think you can get their stuff at Bass NW.

5. You must take a trip to Bass NW. It is in a cool neighborhood with many great bars.

bassEfx is an online store only. The former co-owner of BassNW. Which is why bassEfx is great to deal with.

A place called the Guitar Store has mass pedals but not much for bass.

Seattle is a cool place. Weed is legal now. And Spencer lives here.

6. zfunkman

zfunkman

Dec 18, 2012
    Bass North West in Downtown Seattle in the Pioneer Square area is were you go for all your bass needs. Seattle is about half an hour south of Everett.

7. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    Seriously its legal ? Where can I get some ? Lol ok so my objectives is to get few pedals and smoke weed.

8. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Haha I love it how those two sound incredibly attractive combined.

9. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    As you mentioned after hours, check out Bass Northwest hours of business, they close early (6PM if my memory is right).
    Seattle has a large Guitar Center located downtown.
    A Sharp Music Co located in Renton (south of Seattle) has a nice pedal selection.

10. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    You NEED to stop at BassNW (http://www.bassnw.com/contents.htm). Although, they don't carry too many pedals.

Chad from BassEFX is phone/online only - (http://www.bassefx.com/pages/contact-us). He's your best bet for selection.

There are 3 Guitar Centers within 25 miles of Seattle (Downtown, Kirkland, & Tukwilla).

Also a handful of Mom & Pop stores worth browsing (heavier on the guitars & amps, but you'll find some basses too ... not sure about pedals).

Pawn Shops here and there as well.

And yes - the weed here is fantastic :cool:

Where are you coming from?

11. PWV

PWV Gold Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tacoma
    Plus one on Bass NW. Not a lot of pedals, but a great place to plug and play. Guitar Center? Meh..

RE: Our new Legalize It World... watching the world change from a gig perspective, most people just smoke outside with the smokers. The Liquor Control Board is now in charge of regulation and distribution, but we're in the wait-and-see period of what's going to happen. The Feds could still step in shut stuff down, but right now its pretty laid back. The LCB doesn't have much to do these days since we also moved the hard stuff from state-controlled liquor stores to the local grocer.

I can say that one of the clubs I play is definitely "Pushing the Bear" to see what the state will do. They created a Vapor Room - I don't go upstairs, but its a whole 'nother way to increase pizza sales:

Read more here: Testing the Limits

:eek:

Edited to add: My band buddies are sharing stories this weekend about the Vapor Room. Apparently that stuff is so strong some folks are falling off the bar stools and 911 is being called during the first month its been open. Not sure how this will turn out in the long run...

12. Roaddog77

Roaddog77

Nov 11, 2011
    Tommy's Guitar Shop in Everett is a nice local place. I picked up a couple pedals there a while back. It's on Hewitt Ave in downtown Everett.

13. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Jul 26, 2010
    Seattle
    Tommy's Guitar Shop in Everett is GREAT.

Trading Musician in Seattle, awesome shop.

The Guitar Shop (that's the actual name) on Aurora is great too.

Good luck

14. catcauphonic

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
  15. Agreed.

16. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    i think i might i contact chad from bassfx thanks guys,

17. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    Pretty much all you need to know.

There's a bunch of cool shops here: Bass NW, Trading Musician, Emerald City Guitars, Thunder Road Guitars, Leading Tone (Fromel pedals are made there). Seattle is also, of course, home to 3Leaf Audio and the manufacturing wing of Darkglass Electronics. Oh, and Verellen's shop is here too.

18. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    FYI, Bass NW closes at 6 P.M.

19. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    btw i think i finish work at 4, might go there on saturday instead, anyone knows whether it is easy to get a taxi there? From what i heard from my colleagues it is very difficult to get a taxi, hmm... btw i will be staying at hampton inn lynnwood, wow a quick google and it seems that i might be going to bass nw, thanks for the help guys

20. catcauphonic

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    You can bus it pretty reliably anywhere within 60 miles of Seattle for about $2.50, if you're decent at reading maps & schedules. I think an express bus from Everett will take you to within a dozen city blocks of BassNW. Try the trip planner thingy first > http://metro.kingcounty.gov/, (however they're website leaves something to be desired.) You can always call one of the cab companies, but that's gonna cost you quite a bit more.