Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going to see Alain Caron - Roland V-Bass demonstration !!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Turlu, May 7, 2002.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I am going to see Alain Caron for his demonstration of the new Roland V-Bass effect unit.

This will be quite interesting because I consider Alain as one of the best Bass player ever. He is certainly in my top three list.

I will let you know my opinion about the V-Amp after.

2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    That's going to have to be awesome! A great player demonstrating a wonderful product. Take me with you, please? :)

3. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Hey Ebozzz,

Just come down to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, this next friday to meet Alain Caron and evaluate the V-Bass!!!

:)

4. Moose308

Moose308

May 3, 2002
    Canada
    Please! Please oh please tell me he will be taking this thing across Canada! There is lots of country west of Toronto! :p

Do you have any details, or have a website address which gives an itinerary or schedule. I am a BC feller and could jaunt over to Vancouver if need be.

5. Hey I'm going to that!

I heard one of Alain's albums (Rhythm & Jazz) about a year or two ago, and can't wait to see him. I couldn't believe it when I found out he was coming here.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    heck, i just want to go back to halifax! what an awesome place...

7. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Well,

I went to see Caron demonstrating the V-Bass and for 5$ (Canadian funds = 0.05 $ US funds), it was really worth it. I had a long chat with him before the show, pictures and everything. Of course, he is French so it was great for him to have Quebecers fans in Halifax !!!

I was in the front row, about 4 feet away from Alain for a two hours 15 minutes private show !!!

He showed us some of his techniques like slap, thumb resting, how to play with three fingers, etc.

Alain is as good as he is a nice and relax person.

He also showed the V-Bass. Just one word: awesome machine. It is not for beginners that is for sure but you can do so much with it. It's too long to comment all the effects it has on. He was using the Roland DB-900 Combo amps and I can tell you it sounded great with flat EQ settings as well. Mix Alain Caron, the V-Bass and the Roland Db-900 amps and get the best demonstration of the Bass sound can be at its best !

;)